PDA

View Full Version : Playing blackjack 1 hand at a time v. 3-5 hands at a time same table?

12-12-2005, 10:37 PM
I have been a blackjack player less than 10 days after playing poker for years.

My first three sites... Sites #1-3

I had the option of only playing one hand a time at the table.

Sites #4, 5

The last two sites I played three hands against the dealer at once and the second I played five hands a time against the dealer.

I have lost several more bets when I was playing Sites #4, 5 when playing multiple hands a time against the dealer.

I used the proper strategy charts on all 5 sites and I never increased my bets at any point on any site.

Thanks for reading this. I am not an expert on blackjack by any means but I noticed I have been doing much better 1 on 1 against the dealer as opposed to 3 on 1 or 5 on 1. I understand this could be a short term statistical anomoly.

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks

12-12-2005, 11:38 PM
1 hand at a time decreases your variance. 5 hands with dealer hitting a BJ really hurts, and 5 hands where dealer busts helps a lot. It's kinda like playing one hand for 5x your normal bet.

fire_fly
12-13-2005, 12:56 AM
from personal experience, play only 1.

hitting on 5 hands and getting 17-20 with all of them feels like such an accomplishment, and when the dealer draws to 21 off his 6 for the TENTH GODDAMN TIME you throw things harder than had you only been playing 1.

play 1, seriously, 5 is soooo much more stressful.

Ryan11
12-13-2005, 05:00 AM
i always play the max. But now on inter i play pontoon not BJ