PDA

View Full Version : 88 on bubble vs. minraiser

roundest
12-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Button has donked away a couple thousand chips both pushing and calling with weak hands. My only choice here is to push, right? Can I pull a stop-n-go?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t5280)
Button (t1310)
Hero (t850)
BB (t560)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero???

ferb
12-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Sounds like an easy push with your read.

RiverDood
12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Button has donked away a couple thousand chips both pushing and calling with weak hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmn. Now he's doing something else. He's min-raising.

Do we have any idea what that means? Do we have any reason to think that he min-raises KK, QQ, etc.? I've seen some less-than-polished players min-raise their best stuff, hoping to get action that way.

Absent specific knowledge or hunches then, sure, try to double up with the best hand.

microbet
12-12-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm thinking about BB's chip count at least as much as I'm thinking about Button's cards.

tigerite
12-12-2005, 10:00 PM
Same here, but the action is messed up, because there's already been a fold after the Button's raise, and that's the position Hero is in /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

roundest
12-12-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about BB's chip count at least as much as I'm thinking about Button's cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the main reason I'm not sure what my line is here.

roundest
12-12-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Button has donked away a couple thousand chips both pushing and calling with weak hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmn. Now he's doing something else. He's min-raising.

Do we have any idea what that means? Do we have any reason to think that he min-raises KK, QQ, etc.? I've seen some less-than-polished players min-raise their best stuff, hoping to get action that way.

Absent specific knowledge or hunches then, sure, try to double up with the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I actually hadn't seen him turn over any premium hands. Everytime he went to showdown, he had trash, win or lose.