PDA

View Full Version : need a DualHead PCI card

housenuts
12-12-2005, 08:10 PM
I just ordered a cheap ass new Dell comp. It's only got PCI and I need a dualhead card for my 2 2001fp's. In my current comp I have a Matrox 32mb G400 Max. I could take it out but I kind of what to keep that comp intact, so it would be preferrable to find another card.

I don't really play games so I don't need a very powerful card but if the video card effects the quality of watching DVD movies on my monitor then I'd rather something a bit better.

I was looking at this one:
Diamond Stealth Radeon 9250 (http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1524186&CatId=319)

However that would mean I'd be running one of my monitors in DVI and the other one in VGA. Does this matter?

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

housenuts
12-14-2005, 04:27 AM
bomp

MowrMowr
12-14-2005, 01:49 PM
That one is fine. Watch the DVD's on the DVI side and leave the VGA side for just poker and other inane crap you don't need to look 100% perfect. Chances are you're not going to notice the difference between DVI and VGA anyway.

mrkilla
12-14-2005, 01:56 PM
you dont need an actual dual head card anymore

The VGA/DVI dual mode is fine. I use it in alot of systems I build out for traders and it works fine.

Just make sure the card/drivers support the features. Some only let you use one side at a time ( I dont believe thats the case with the radeon though)

housenuts
12-14-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you dont need an actual dual head card anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean i don't need dual head anymore? how do i use 2 monitors? i need to get a video card anyways because the system i bought came with onboard video that i don't want to use so i'm buying a card anyways. i figure i may as well get dualhead. please enlighten me.