PDA

View Full Version : Flopping the nuts against two maniacs

12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
This was a potential dream table, but I was card dead until this hand. Villain 1 is 75/25 and was down 4 buy-ins in the last hour. Villain 2 is 22/4 is 100 hands and I have otherwise no information on him. Villain 3 is a second maniac, 68/18, down 3 buy-ins in the last hour.

Both villains are aggressive, and get VERY aggressive when they are the pre-flop raiser.

Villain 1 is SB with $170.
BB has $50.
UTG has $78.
UTG+1 has $108.
UTG+2 has $120.
Villain 2 is MP1 with $104.
Hero is MP2 with $99.
LP1 has $34.
LP2 has $50.
Villain 3 is button with $168.

Hero: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

Pre-flop: Villain 2 calls $1. Hero calls $1. Villain 3 (button) raises to $3. Villain 1 calls. Villain 2 calls. Hero calls.

Flop (board: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

Villain 1 bets $10. Villain 2 calls $10. Hero?

stealyourface
12-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Oh god this is perfect.

I am either raising to 35 because of the heart draw, or smoothcalling and bombing a non heart turn.

You know there gonna come out firing on the turn, but a heart most likely will kill your hand.

I'd probably just bump it up on the flop and hope one of them goes to the felt with 88-AA.

Mercman572
12-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Villain 2 is drawing or hit a set, Pump it UP. Pot size raise. Don't get fancy

beavens
12-12-2005, 06:16 PM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraise to new pot size

4_2_it
12-12-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

.......raises to $40 and pushes any non-heart turn.

Mercman572
12-12-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh god this is perfect.

I am either raising to 35 because of the heart draw, or smoothcalling and bombing a non heart turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No don't even think of smoothcalling this. Villain 2 didn't call a whiffed flop. Should be raising more than 40 here (pot is $30, less than a PSR is giving someone odds to draw to a flush). I expect this to be multiway anyway

orange
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Bomb this flop.

Guin
12-12-2005, 06:24 PM
The only fancy thing you might want to do is overbet the pot and use a small "bring it" comment... I find maniacs love talking trash as well!

I find no comments on extra things done to get inside peoples heads but all of my time playing video games online helps me in this area.

Guin... finds some table talk can induce a reraise when I want one.

12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bomb this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to make a decision that was based not on greed, but on +EV. Well, greed probably as well.

Villain 3, who raised pre-flop, loves to raise the flop if he's the one who raised it pre-flop. I would estimate he does this 3/4 of the time. If I just call, it shows weakness and it gives him the opportunity to bomb it for me.

Or I can hope that he's on an overpair or draw and will call if I bomb it myself. That's certainly a possibility.

These maniacs were likely not going to knocked off a flush draw. So I had the advantage of knowing that if I smooth-called, and Villain 3 did as well, I could get away from my hand if a heart hit the turn.

But I also wanted to force these idiots into the center when I had the best of it.

This was not an easy spot for me.

Mercman572
12-12-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain 3, who raised pre-flop, loves to raise the flop if he's the one who raised it pre-flop. I would estimate he does this 3/4 of the time. If I just call, it shows weakness and it gives him the opportunity to bomb it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like your estimate or your logic. Don't rely on him to bet your unts with a raise ane 2 callers. Checking and having a heart hit here would be tragic

[ QUOTE ]
Or I can hope that he's on an overpair or draw and will call if I bomb it myself. That's certainly a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're onto something. As I keep saying, Villain 2 could have easily caught a nice piece of the board.

[ QUOTE ]
These maniacs were likely not going to knocked off a flush draw. So I had the advantage of knowing that if I smooth-called, and Villain 3 did as well, I could get away from my hand if a heart hit the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
You turn that advantage into a disadvantage by calling. You gain when opponents make mistakes, not when thye call on a draw correctly. If someone turns over their cards with a flush draw and you call rather than raise, you have made an error in the Fundamental Theorem of Poker.

yvesaint
12-12-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only fancy thing you might want to do is overbet the pot and use a small "bring it" comment... I find maniacs love talking trash as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

if they know anything about what chat comments mean, theyd fold immediately to your bring it comment unless they had a set/straight

dont give out any more information than you need to

Guin
12-14-2005, 05:24 PM
I find that I use the same line in different situations from semi bluffs to nuts. Similar to making the same PFR amount doesn't give anything away I don't think this will either.

Like I said I am shocked that no one attempts to get inside peoples heads and to induce the action that you want....

Remember that strong usually means weak ... so if you have been folding to "bring it" comments then it means that you are letting me get away with another move.

Guin...