PDA

View Full Version : Money Stolen

lapoker17
12-12-2005, 05:20 PM
So, I'm getting my place painted over the weekend and don't feel like being around the fumes. I play a 16 hour session from late Friday til Sat afternoon, then I check into a hotel on the West Side of LA. It's nothing special, but is prob 3 star. I get into my room at 6PM. I take a shower before going to sleep soon thereafter. Before my shower, I take some money from my pocket - probably 1.5 - 2K and place it on the counter next to the sink. After the shower, I turn the TV on and hit the bed. I fall asleep nearly immediately. I wake up at 9 or 10AM to the door to my room opening and then closing. I'm kind of out of it and just assume that housekeeping peaked in and left, as they often do.

So I finally get up around 11:30 and as I'm gathering my things to check out, I realize the money is gone. I search the room completely, and no money. I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee. He calls housekeeping and after waiting for 30 minutes some type of supervisor arrives. I tell my story and she is skeptical, but nice enough. She takes me to the depths of the hotel where housekeeping central command is located. She is able to find the housekeeper who entered my room and briefly interrogates her en espanol while I watch. The young girl says "yes, I went in the room, but I saw his shoes by the door and immediately left.

The door and bathroom are not visible from the sleeping area. Also, the bathroom counter is partially visible from the door, and the bathroom light was on.

I leave my name/number and decide I don't want to talk to the hotel manager, because I've already wasted 2 hours of my day on this and I'm annoyed. Did I have any recourse to demand the hotel reimburse me? Do they have insurance for this kind of thing?

If anyone says "you shouldn't have left the money there" or, "you should've used the deadbolt", I will say thank you.

Alobar
12-12-2005, 05:24 PM
well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...but some nigger pillow biter?? well im at a loss

p.s. dont leave 2 Gs out on a counter next time moron...and you're welcome

man
12-12-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm not an expert but I honestly can't see the hotel havaing to bear any responsibility for the loss. if you make a fuss you might get a discount or a voucher for the future or something (not that you'd use it, I guess). that's why they heave deadbolts, though, so they won't have to take the blame. that's awful though.

4_2_it
12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm not an expert, but I think the police would be better suited to help you than the housekeeping supervisor who is getting 50% of your money.

pokerdirty
12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
I know how you feel dude.

I just lost $640 bucks the weekend before last. I think I left it in the bank parking lot too.

FouTight
Gay Black's can't accomplish anything, seek a higher authority, a Straight white man.

man
[ QUOTE ]
well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...but some nigger pillow biter?? well im at a loss

[/ QUOTE ]
you can say nigger here? wow. consider my lexiconical horizons broadened.

istewart
You should've made sure the hotel was all-white.

Alobar
12-12-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but you cant say the word that ryhmes with momo...which I found really funny when I first typed out my response.

jakethebake
12-12-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well I had some advice, but its completely different now that the desk guy was gay and black...cuz thats tuff, a nice white guy and it would get straightened out...

[/ QUOTE ]

He could show up with a few buddies wearing white sheets and scare the money out of the desk clerk. (How is t*ts censored, but not n*gger?) /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Who doesn't at least open their eyes and look around when someone comes in their hotel room? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

benza13
[ QUOTE ]
I know how you feel dude.

I just lost $640 bucks the weekend before last. I think I left it in the bank parking lot too.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's been a lot of this going around lately.

wh1t3bread
I remember when I got my first wallet my Dad told me to "Only keep as much money in there as you're comfortable losing."

Anyway, that sucks. I really doubt that the hotel will reimburse you for your loss. Of course it's worth a shot. I really think the odds of you getting anything back from the hotel is rather slim though.

12-12-2005, 05:32 PM
I stash my money in my unusually large vagina

bwana devil
12-12-2005, 05:39 PM
before i can help, i need to know some important details you left out.

what is the race and sexual orientation of the housekeeping supervisor?

bwana

Eurotrash
12-12-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone says "you shouldn't have left the money there" or, "you should've used the deadbolt", I will say thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't want people to tell you this, but what else is there to say, really? you left a good chunk of money unattended and far away from your person. somebody with access to the room walked in and ganked it. be more cautious.

edit: also, it should have been painfully obvious that specifying the races/sexual orientations was going to get you flamed and make it less likely people would answer you seriously

RunDownHouse
12-12-2005, 05:41 PM
You didn't leave the door open, right? Someone had to use a key to get in and the lock wasn't forced, correct?

wh1t3bread
12-12-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These big vagina ladies are getting away with murder.

http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/img/episodeguide/slideshow/ep48/ep48_01.jpg

theweatherman
12-12-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't leave the door open, right? Someone had to use a key to get in and the lock wasn't forced, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but even so its his word against the housekeeper's. Hes got no proof of anything.

roundest
12-12-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee. He calls housekeeping and after waiting for 30 minutes some type of supervisor arrives. I tell my story and she is skeptical, but nice enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. But what was the supervisor's race and sexual orientation?

bwana devil
12-12-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but even so its his word against the housekeeper's. Hes got no proof of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are several keys that could open the door. front desk would have one too so it wouldnt HAVE to be the maid.

i would guess a maid will quite before she returns $2k. you know how long that would take to earn? you know how long it would take to get another maid job.

RunDownHouse
12-12-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just making sure that's the crux of the problem. I don't really see any great solution, though.

LeatherFace
12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, unless the housekeeper is jewish, mexican or black, then he has a fairly good case.

lapoker17
12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Correct. Door was locked, pass key would be needed.

And for those making serious responses - or sarcastic responses that still take that part seriously - wrt the gay black employee, you are very, very slow.

Boris
12-12-2005, 06:04 PM
The maid was full of shyte. She would have announced herself as she opened the door and you would have heard it. She stole your money but I'm not sure there's anything you can do about it.

mostsmooth
12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, but you cant say ho-mo. go figure

mostsmooth
12-12-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The maid was full of shyte. She would have announced herself as she opened the door and you would have heard it. She stole your money but I'm not sure there's anything you can do about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
so youre saying the maid knew before opening the door that the money was there? or this maid never knocks and announces herself when entering rooms, hoping to find 2k sitting on a sink?

swede123
12-12-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm getting my place painted over the weekend and don't feel like being around the fumes. I play a 16 hour session from late Friday til Sat afternoon, then I check into a hotel on the West Side of LA. It's nothing special, but is prob 3 star. I get into my room at 6PM. I take a shower before going to sleep soon thereafter. Before my shower, I take some money from my pocket - probably 1.5 - 2K and place it on the counter next to the sink. After the shower, I turn the TV on and hit the bed. I fall asleep nearly immediately. I wake up at 9 or 10AM to the door to my room opening and then closing. I'm kind of out of it and just assume that housekeeping peaked in and left, as they often do.

So I finally get up around 11:30 and as I'm gathering my things to check out, I realize the money is gone. I search the room completely, and no money. I go to the front desk and explain the situation to a gay black employee. He calls housekeeping and after waiting for 30 minutes some type of Asian bisexual supervisor arrives. I tell my story and she is skeptical, but nice enough. She takes me to the depths of the hotel where housekeeping central command is located. She is able to find the Hispanic straight housekeeper who entered my room and briefly interrogates her en espanol while I watch. The young girl says "yes, I went in the room, but I saw his shoes by the door and immediately left.

The door and bathroom are not visible from the sleeping area. Also, the bathroom counter is partially visible from the door, and the bathroom light was on.

I leave my name/number and decide I don't want to talk to the Indian transexual hotel manager, because I've already wasted 2 hours of my day on this and I'm annoyed. Did I have any recourse to demand the hotel reimburse me? Do they have insurance for this kind of thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about that?

Swede

12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These big vagina ladies are getting away with murder.

http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/img/episodeguide/slideshow/ep48/ep48_01.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey the guy on the left is Tony Paladino!

bwana devil
12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about that?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think the hotel manager is in a relationship? im kind of interested.

bwana

GuyOnTilt
12-12-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Who doesn't at least open their eyes and look around when someone comes in their hotel room?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone who's sleeping?

GoT

Los Feliz Slim
12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
If this happens to me, the police are absolutely getting called. I'm wondering if an unlimited number of hotel employees would have had access to the room. If not, I want each employee who DID have access searched, and pronto.

What hotel was this?

RacersEdge
12-12-2005, 06:42 PM
Less PC correctness please - the guy's just adding a little color to the story - so to speak..

swede123
12-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Normally I completely agree with this statement; but the OP really didn't go out of his way to add "color" to the story except in the two instances when he mentions the black gay guy and the housekeeper who can only speak Spanish. Came across as pretty uncalled for in this particular story.

Swede

lapoker17
12-12-2005, 06:46 PM
jesus, you guys are slow.

swede123
12-12-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you expect from a bunch of chinks, niggers and kikes and whatever assorted misfits we have here? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Swede

Alobar
12-12-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, we all forgot, you are well known around here for your intelligence and comedy gold

12-12-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

p.s. dont leave 2 Gs out on a counter next time moron...and you're welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

i just spit coca cola on my monitors. jesus!

GuyOnTilt
12-12-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, we all forgot, you are well known around here for your intelligence and comedy gold

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to insult his intelligence, you should probably say comedic gold.

GoT

Alobar
12-12-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to insult his intelligence, you should probably say comedic gold.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, I can still insult his intelligence, cuz its a relative scale. Even tho im dumb, im still smarter than him.

peachy
12-12-2005, 07:14 PM
ok.....

A - ur an idiot for leaving money laying around in a 3 star hotel...let alone ANY hotel

B - lock your door next time

C - call the f'ing police and file a report RIGHT THEN AND THERE and get them on that supervisors butt - the police would have searched her and her belongings

D - WHAT THE F WERE U THINKING?!?!?!

E - u didnt wanna waste ur time talkin to the manager?!?!?! wtf kinda chump are u?!?!? If u didnt wanna take the time to get it back...then DONT post about it...and dont bitch when ur reinforcing housekeeping stealing! GOOD JOB!

u HAVE to be kidding me that ur that much of a push over that u walked out without getting to the bottom of this...wow...im in shock that u were about as dumb as u can get in every way here - from leaving the money out to doing next to nothing to get it back

and the gay black comment?? wow...ur a piece of work

CanKid
12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
ATM, next.

stinkypete
12-12-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. so does glogel.

Results 1 - 10 of about 173,000 for "comedy gold". (0.06 seconds)
Results 1 - 10 of about 19,300 for "comedic gold". (0.03 seconds)

GuyOnTilt
12-12-2005, 07:37 PM
To all the people saying "you're an idiot" and "omg you are so stupid" re: leaving the money out:

I do not know OP, but my understanding is he has a lot of money. If so, you're all hugely over-reacting about this. Would it be stupid for you to leave your car keys and wallet with $75 in it on the bathroom counter after you got out of the shower and headed to bed? Maybe for some of you. For other of you, most definitely not. Sure there are always going to be safer places for it, but for someone else to get all up on you for it and call you a moron is dumb. Just because it may be a moronic for you to do does not make it equally stupid for someone else who has a lot more money. As an extreme example with the same principle, it would be dumb for a full-time McDonalds cashier to watch Warren Buffet throwing down $10k/hand Blackjack and berate him for being such a moronic fool as to take such a risk with such a "large" amount of money.

Again, I do not know OP at all. But it just strikes me as really unintelligent to tell someone else they're making such a hugeomgstupid mistake based solely on the fact that it'd be a mistake for themselves in this instance. I doubt I would have this natural reaction if it were just casually mentioned, but everybody seems to be making a huge deal out of the fact that OP is obviously a gigantic [censored] moron.

GoT

theweatherman
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If this happens to me, the police are absolutely getting called. I'm wondering if an unlimited number of hotel employees would have had access to the room. If not, I want each employee who DID have access searched, and pronto.

What hotel was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Searched on what grounds? Because you tell teh police they stole your money? There is no probable cause to search. If this were to work you could search people homes by merely accusing them of stealing your shoe.

OP is an idiot for leaving his cash out and now its gone, though luck but I'm sure he wont do it again.

Alobar
12-12-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To all the people saying "you're an idiot" and "omg you are so stupid" re: leaving the money out:

I do not know OP, but my understanding is he has a lot of money. If so, you're all hugely over-reacting about this. Would it be stupid for you to leave your car keys and wallet with $75 in it on the bathroom counter after you got out of the shower and headed to bed? Maybe for some of you. For other of you, most definitely not. Sure there are always going to be safer places for it, but for someone else to get all up on you for it and call you a moron is dumb. Just because it may be a moronic for you to do does not make it equally stupid for someone else who has a lot more money. As an extreme example with the same principle, it would be dumb for a full-time McDonalds cashier to watch Warren Buffet throwing down $10k/hand Blackjack and berate him for being such a moronic fool as to take such a risk with such a "large" amount of money.

Again, I do not know OP at all. But it just strikes me as really unintelligent to tell someone else they're making such a hugeomgstupid mistake based solely on the fact that it'd be a mistake for themselves in this instance. I doubt I would have this natural reaction if it were just casually mentioned, but everybody seems to be making a huge deal out of the fact that OP is obviously a gigantic [censored] moron.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I talked to you about this on IRC, but I figured id leave my point here anyway, since im the one who first called him a moron.

You have a very valid point, and its true. 2K to him is prolly like $20 to me, and I wouldnt get paranoid about leaving $20 on a counter, simply because I dont care. But if that same $20 got stolen, I wouldnt get all upset about it, and waste a couple hours pointlessly arguing with hotel managment. Id chalk it up in the loss column and move on, cuz its pocket change. But OP here obviously did get upset about his 2K being gone, and if it was going to be that upsetting for him to lose it, then he shouldnt have left it on the counter in the other room in a place where it isnt 100% secure. If you are going to leave an amount of money out like that, that you do actually consider substantial, then it is definately dumb.

Also tho, all of the comments i made towards the OP about being a moron were brought about by the fact his post comes off like it was written by an ignorant Ahole....and then when called out on it by tons of people, he tried to play it off like he was just kidding or something.

Voltron87
12-12-2005, 07:49 PM
you dont think the comments about ethnicity were a joke? i thought it was pretty obviously sarcastic, and i also thought they were funny.

your comment about how he is not well known in OOT for being funny just reeked of stupidity as well

Alobar
12-12-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you dont think the comments about ethnicity were a joke? i thought it was pretty obviously sarcastic, and i also thought they were funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I dont think they were a joke. If they were then it was a really bad delivery. In a post thats obviously 100% serious, he throws in 2 words completely out of nowhere that are supposed to be for humor, but absolutely nothing else in the entire post is?? yeah, sorry, that just doesnt add up.

So either he sucks at being funny, and my comments about his humor arent that far off, or hes just another ignorant person, and again, my comments arent that far off.

Voltron87
12-12-2005, 07:59 PM
the more subtle these jokes are the better they are, duh?

anyway sometimes racial descriptions like that add color to a story, theyre not necessarily racist

Alobar
12-12-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the more subtle these jokes are the better they are, duh?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, then in all my replies to him, I was just joking, but just being really subtle about it

[ QUOTE ]
anyway sometimes racial descriptions like that add color to a story, theyre not necessarily racist

[/ QUOTE ]

how exactly in this case did it add "color" to the story?

dont get me wrong, im not some PC anal nut job....Im as big a fan of racially offensive jokes as any card carrying member of the KKK, but IMO this was just blatently unecessary and facilitaed by the fact OP was pissed off about the situation...it didnt add color, it just made him look dumb

lapoker17
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Wow - I really just wanted to know if I had any recourse as relates to the hotel's liability on this.

Anyway - Thanks for the feedback, I guess.

The gay black employee line was purely a shot at all of you who freak out whenever such stuff is mentioned - mainly in situations when it is at least tangentially relevant - "Asian gambooler raises on the button" etc...

So I used such prejudice in a place where it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Like such over the top closed minded biggotry that even you hyper PC flamers would know it was a joke and laugh. Alas, not.

Anyway, I don't have that much money, but that's not the point. I almost just left and didn't report it, because I didn't want to waste my day, but by not reporting it, I just let them fck me. So I went to talk to someone about it.

And GoT, I appreciate your insight.

B Dids
12-12-2005, 08:09 PM
"The gay black employee line was purely a shot at all of you who freak out whenever such stuff is mentioned - mainly in situations when it is at least tangentially relevant - "Asian gambooler raises on the button" etc...

So I used such prejudice in a place where it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Like such over the top closed minded biggotry that even you hyper PC flamers would know it was a joke and laugh. Alas, not."

This is exactly what people who couldn't get over the fact that the dude was a gay black guy say.

Los Feliz Slim
12-12-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Searched on what grounds? Because you tell teh police they stole your money? There is no probable cause to search. If this were to work you could search people homes by merely accusing them of stealing your shoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most larger companies have employees sign an agreement when they are hired that allow for expanded rights to search their belongings. Years ago I worked in a record store that did this. I don't believe it's necessarily right, but if I believe one of these people has my $1,500, I am doing whatever I can to get it back. The money in many ways is less important to me than the principle, and I would feel worse if I didn't do everything within my power to get my money back.

offTopic
12-12-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I talked to you about this on IRC, but I figured id leave my point here anyway, since im the one who first called him a moron.

You have a very valid point, and its true. 2K to him is prolly like $20 to me, and I wouldnt get paranoid about leaving $20 on a counter, simply because I dont care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moreover, $20 on the counter is less likely to be seen as an acceptable risk to steal by the hotel employee, whereas a higher percentage of employees would probably feel like a stack of 100s was "worth it".

bwana devil
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The gay black employee line was purely a shot at all of you who freak out whenever such stuff is mentioned - mainly in situations when it is at least tangentially relevant - "Asian gambooler raises on the button" etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

well, since that's the deal, it sounds like there's a hispanic woman in vegas who just stuck it to the man.

if you think that qualified as such "over the top closed minded biggotry that even you hyper PC flamers would know it was a joke and laugh" that doesnt even begin to APPROACH what qualifies unfortuantely. as you see, the big N word isnt even censored on here for some reason. (forum suggestion please!)

bwana

cardcounter0
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
From what I have been told on these boards about hotel security, if you would have left a "do not disturb" sign on the door, there would be no way any one could have gotten in and taken anything.
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

lapoker17
12-12-2005, 08:59 PM
this is really funny. especially given my post in that thread. who's laughing now, huh? if I had only listened to BK's wisdom. I knew some intrepid 2p2er would put that together.

peachy
12-12-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What hotel was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP is an idiot for leaving his cash out and now its gone, though luck but I'm sure he wont do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

THEY can search the employees...its not a RESIDENCE...

12-12-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What hotel was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no ... assuming by "THEY" you mean the police.

12-12-2005, 09:53 PM
lapoker17- I live in SM so iof you wanna go bust some heads to get your money back I'm in. Tonight might be a good night with Tookie getting fried.

12-12-2005, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What hotel was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, no ... assuming by "THEY" you mean the police.

[/ QUOTE ]

They cant search your car if you dont let them, until they impound it. They can search your person if they have reasonable suspicion, correct? But whats the law if it is an employee? I would bet they probably can.

astroglide
12-12-2005, 10:35 PM
as was already pointed out, he cared enough to worry about it and he's still worrying about it

tonypaladino
12-12-2005, 10:45 PM
How does anyone sleep in a hotel room without using the deadbolt and the fold-over lock thing?

12-12-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whore's sh!t. I don't leave 3 bets on the poker table; I'm certainly not going to leave 3 bets on the sink counter.

Leaky Eye
12-12-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow - I really just wanted to know if I had any recourse as relates to the hotel's liability on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You can't force them to do anything. You can make a stink, or write a bunch of letters to management and maybe they will fire the maid and comp you a room, or something. If that is worth your time.

Isura
12-13-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does anyone sleep in a hotel room without using the deadbolt and the fold-over lock thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.

Harv72b
12-13-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're welcome.

12-13-2005, 03:46 AM
Wow, this is funny. I just read Mason Malmuth's "Gambling Theory and Other Topics," and this reminds me of his warning against marathon sessions in the "Traps to Avoid" essay. OK, so maybe 16 hours is only a half-marathon, but the implications are clearly the same.

You say you “got into your room at 6PM,” “took a shower...soon thereafter,” after which you “turned the TV on and hit the bed,” and then “fell asleep nearly immediately?" So even by 9AM, after 15 hours of taking a shower, turning the TV on, and sleeping, you were not aware enough of your surroundings to notice a maid enter your room and rip you off? No doubt, your mind had left you after you fell into the pitfall of marathon poker playing.

Now some people here may claim this is excusable because $2000 is of no significance to you. That may be, but as Malmuth always says, "You can still be a loser." There is another alternative. Given your (in)actions leading up to and following the theft, you are clearly a loser.

You're welcome, [censored].

Now forget the money because it's gone and there's nothing you can do now to get it back. Don't even waste the time of the police, as your story is too unreliable. Consider the alternatives:

1. Somebody at the cardroom drugged you, followed you to your hotel, snuck in behind you, and stole the money.

2. Leaving the cardroom in a drunken stupor, you checked out a room, tipped the hot little Asian lesbian desk clerk $2000 for being so friendly, then passed out in your room for 15+ hours.

or

3. You never even had $2000, but merely dreamed you did somewhere between hour 15 and 16 of your well-“earned" sleep.

Take care, fool.

P.S. I am a noob, and this is my first post, but I am a winner, and I am better than you. I just registered to comment on your foolishness! And what is especially funny is that I somehow found this thread while searching for "Who is the Adventurer?" /images/graemlins/grin.gifLOL!/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.P.S. Who IS the Adventurer?

tonypaladino
12-13-2005, 04:22 AM
Can we get a thread going of worst 1st posts ever?

Sponger15SB
12-13-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Can we get a thread going of most hilarious 1st posts ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon! This is comedic gold...

"I am a winner, and I am better than you."

lapoker17
12-13-2005, 04:40 AM
i thought it was funny. no idea what most of it means, but pretty funny.

Sponger15SB
12-13-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no idea what most of it means

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly why I loved it.

CanKid
12-15-2005, 04:07 AM
Cause Derailed got bad reviews.