PDA

View Full Version : Nut low (no counterfeit protection), Top 2 pair. vs maniac. Jam?

jedi
12-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Can't remember the complete details, but I had A734 from EP, and the flop comes A27.

There are 2 other players in the hand, one of which is laggish and has shown down crap. I have nut low (with no counterfeit protection) and top 2 pair. Villain bets, MP calls, I raise and it gets capped on the flop.

The turn is a King, River is a Queen. Villain leads out and I raise each time (villain just calls, a does the MP player)

Since this was only 3 handed, and I only had a lock on the low, should I not have been ramming and jamming here? My read that he was a maniac and my top 2 pair might have been good vs. an A2.

12-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Apparently this is a limit game? What are the limits you're playing?

jedi
12-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Sorry, it was a limit game, 3/6 at Party Poker.

Buzz
12-12-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since this was only 3 handed, and I only had a lock on the low, should I not have been ramming and jamming here? My read that he was a maniac and my top 2 pair might have been good vs. an A2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jedi - Yes. I think you should have been ramming and jamming (whatever the limits).

Buzz

jedi
12-12-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jedi - Yes. I think you should have been ramming and jamming (whatever the limits).

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. Thanks.

For the record, maniac had AAxx, MP caller had same low. We got quartered, he lashed out at me.

Meh. I just felt that maniac could easily have less than a set in this spot. Oh well.

12-12-2005, 06:42 PM
I agree with Buzz (except that at a higher limit I *might* have considered slowing up at the river).

And if that jackass says anything, I'd hammer him for playing 3-4 from MP. No, scratch that, I'd compliment him for playing 3-4 from MP and encourage him to continue doing so.

benwood
12-12-2005, 10:46 PM
When he lashes out at you,it's mandatory to say with complete sincerety,"Gee, thanks for the valuable advice,Mr.super-genious.I'm just a dumb flick who needs a lot of help."You will be rewarded.