PDA

View Full Version : $30, 50, $100 Sit N Go Single Table

PuppetMaster
07-17-2003, 01:46 AM
I ma interested in moving up to some of these higher valued tournaments. At the $5, $10 level I am at about 65% ROI, with 22.5% in First Place.

My problem is that you cannot get a feel for the game unless you are in it playing and this would be a very expensive learnign lesson. What do I need to know about these tournaments?

nicky g
07-17-2003, 05:45 AM
I watched a $50 and $100 SNG at UB last night, and I wasn't too impressed at the quality of play. Quite passive, and people kept making minimum raises, failing to put people all-in when they should have, etc. Of course, this is probably not what most of these games are like. But if you watch them you may be able to find some weak lineups you are happy to play against. Watch a bunch of them before you sit down to play in them. Also look out for players who play in both $10 games and $30 games - that way you can get a feel for their play at the smaller limits.

Copernicus
07-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Sounds like the Party tourneys, except at $100 things tighten up quite a bit. I think the best deal are the 30 and 50 Stars 2 tablers though.

Prickly Pete
07-17-2003, 02:56 PM
I'm starting to play the 50s at Party after success at the 30s. Primarily NL HE. I was wondering how everyone would compare the different sites / levels. I previously played at Paradise 20/30 tables and didn't fare too well. (Admittedly, I was still learning). I've done better at Party as my game has improved. I've since tried Paradise a few times and done well at the 20 level.

Where do you guys think the best place to play is? My guess is they are all close since Party favors luck more (fewer chips & higher blinds) but may have more fish than Stars & Paradise. But I've never played Stars, so I'm just guessing based on what I've read here.