PDA

View Full Version : Bubble-like play, pushed to a minraise, villain blew up

12-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Ok, there are six people left in the STT. It feels like a bubble already, very cautious play. Vilain minraises...

How bad is my push? He kinda blew up in the chat. Luckily I got to finish him off when it was down to 2 players, so he still got a prize /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pacific Poker No Limit Hold'em Tourney (buyin: $5 + $0.5)
Big Blind is t50 (6 handed)

UTG (t1139)
MP (t1130)
CO (t815)
Button (t1485)
Hero (t1410)
BB (t2021)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
SB posts a blind of t25
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1385</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Button calls

Flop (t2870): 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)

Turn (t2870): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)

River (t2870): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)

Final pot: t2870

Button shows A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Hero shows K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero collected t2870

pineapple888
12-12-2005, 03:49 PM
I don't see the point in shoving in your stack to win a minimal amount with a very shaky hand when your stack is almost 30xBB. You're going to be a dog nearly every time you get called. Just fold.

liucipher
12-12-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How bad is my push?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty bad. You're 3rd in chips w/ the shortest stack being 16xBB. You're fighting 1 of the 2 people that can end your tournament. There's not much reason to steal, even to this weakish raise.

That being said, as Villain I would fold AQo. But in a $5.50, you're definitely getting called w/ AKo and QQ+. Probably even AJo+ and TT+. I'm pretty sure this is -EV for your equity.

12-12-2005, 04:18 PM
If I had to do it again, I'd fold here. But I took his minraise as a steal-attempt. If all decisions in a STT could be taken with the mind instead of a gut-feeling /images/graemlins/wink.gif
It did build me an image though /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
i think its fairly bad considering you gain very little if he folds (175, approx. 10-12% of stack). BB of 100, i like this play, but not now. AQ is maybe the only hand that could call you that you wouldnt be in bad shape against. Why be afraid of taking flops?

xJMPx
12-12-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why be afraid of taking flops?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to play this hand out of position, just fold it. You're not even defending your bb here, you're the small blind. If I was on the bb I might call just because I hate folding to a min raise when I'm on the bb, but the sb isn't worth protecting.

12-12-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't want to play this hand out of position, just fold it. You're not even defending your bb here, you're the small blind. If I was on the bb I might call just because I hate folding to a min raise when I'm on the bb, but the sb isn't worth protecting.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm in my normal (whatever that is) playing state-of-mind I'd fold this, in this point of the STT, with that stack. But I think I wanted to tell this guy I am not giving up my blinds for a minraise. But maybe that statement should only be made from the BB.