PDA

View Full Version : Which Star Wars Character was the best?

arod15
12-12-2005, 12:21 PM
After watching all the star wars I have come up with this list of best jedi's/sith. I wonder who was the best and what other OOT's think about this. I think Yoda is clearly the best. I think heads up nobody can beat him. He was like 500 years old, on a cane, and was still kicking ass.

Here is the list I came up with. Feel free to vote and list your reasons why you believe the character you voted for was the best warrior.

4_2_it
12-12-2005, 12:22 PM
How do you differentiate Anakin from Darth Vader?

diebitter
12-12-2005, 12:25 PM
I like the idea

Are the typos there to silently enrage the star wars dweebs? hehehe

You should have included Darth Mawl and Qwhy-gone tho.

DoomSlice
12-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Greedo (the green bounty hunter in Episode 4 that tries to kill Han solo is definately the coolest. Even cooler than Boba Fett (in the originals, not the new ones) who comes in a close second.

jakethebake
12-12-2005, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you differentiate Anakin from Darth Vader?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you really consider these the same character?

http://www.tsr.org/StarWars/characters/anakin/images/Anakin_Skywalker_3.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Vader.jpg

arod15
12-12-2005, 12:30 PM
When Vador was born Anakin dies. Similar to how Obi-won differentiates it..... And IMO luke was the worst of them all. He would stand no chance...

12-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Admiral Oswald, from Empire Strikes Back

"He is as clumsy as he is stupid."

ScottieK

arod15
12-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Not sure its been me thats been absent or you but good to see you back Jake....

pokerdirty
12-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Who the [censored] is Darth Vadar

Vader's gay cousin?

MarkL444
12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
anakin in episode 2 kinda reminds me of lebron james

Frills
12-12-2005, 12:45 PM
What aboot the one armed Bad Mothafawka who was last seen flying outta teh window?

arod15
12-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Only thing great about him was the purple light sabor.... He wasnt an top warrior...

trying2learn
12-12-2005, 12:52 PM
i'm kinda surprised after 30 votes sidious only has one. i voted vader...but sidious is the reason there ends up being a real battle between light & dark sides in the first place.

danzasmack
12-12-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only thing great about him was the purple light sabor.... He wasnt an top warrior...

[/ QUOTE ]

From what my uber star wars geek friends tell me he was supposed to be the best with a light saber. Before Lucas botched 3 movies.

arod15
12-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Darth Vador is over-hyped. He never fought anyone real tough during his reign. He fought obi-won who chopped his legs off. Then in the rematch when Obi-won was old he won but what does that show? Then he fought Luke when he was inexperienced and chopped his hand off. But then lost the rematch. Darth Vador was a bad ass to say the least but Yoda would have took him out....

imitation
12-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Bar Bar Jinks

wdeadwyler
12-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Me and my friends had this exact same debate over Thai a few weeks ago. We didnt qualify it as the best, but rather the most powerful Jedi. Yoda is awesome, but clearly not the strongest as Emporer Palpatine p3wns him hardcore. However, transitvely, Palpatine p3wns Luke, so it cant be Luke.

So Vader kills Palpatine, so it looks like Vader is the winner? But wait, here is where the debate began.

I said Obi-Wan was the most powerful, as he trained Anakin AND Luke, killed Maul, and royally [censored] up Anakin Skywalker.

However, when Obi-Wan faught Vader in Star Wars 4, he "lost". But did he? There are two interpretaions of Obi-Wan's capitulation. A fight with Vader would be long and drawn out, and Obi-Wan had to help Luke escape ASAP, so he decided to die and use his force talk from the grave powers. If he wanted to, he could p3wn Vader just like he p3wned Anakin.

My friend countered that no one can [censored] with Vader, he has too much hate and anger, and we all know the Dark Side is more powerful. He thinks Vader woulda destroyed Obi-Wan in the Jedi duel and Obi-Wan knew this, and expidited the process so that he could aid Luke in his escape.

What do YOU think?

4_2_it
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh /images/graemlins/confused.gif He pwned Sidious and gave his face the 30 second Jedi makeover. If it wasn't for the brat interfering, Mace Whodo would have eliminated the need for Parts 4-6.

swede123
Your thread title and your poll are two different questions. Of course the answer to the thread title question is Han Solo, and (the cliche fits for once) it's not even close.

In terms of fighting ability/jedi skills I probably would give the nod to Obi Wan. In episodes 1-3 he defeats Darth Maul, General Grievous and Anakin in battles to the death, and when he finally dies (kinda) it's only because he stops fighting Darth Vader.

Swede

wdeadwyler
12-12-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Darth Vador is over-hyped. He never fought anyone real tough during his reign. He fought obi-won who chopped his legs off. Then in the rematch when Obi-won was old he won but what does that show? Then he fought Luke when he was inexperienced and chopped his hand off. But then lost the rematch. Darth Vador was a bad ass to say the least but Yoda would have took him out....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Obi-Wan chopped Anakin's legs off, not Vader's. This is key to the debate.

evil_twin
12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Considering how much training he had compared to the others, surely it's Luke hands down?

Maulik
12-12-2005, 01:03 PM
what about the princess?

jakethebake
12-12-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering how much training he had compared to the others, surely it's Luke hand down?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

man
[ QUOTE ]
Your thread title and your poll are two different questions. Of course the answer to the thread title question is Han Solo, and (the cliche fits for once) it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe it took until the 17th (?) response for someone to point this out. Han Solo blows everyone away, and doesn't even care about it.

I think yoda wins because he (1) can [censored] everyone up, and (2) understands that violence is not the answer, but uses it potently when necessary (see (1)).

diebitter
I picked Obi-Wan. He's obviously the talent. Yoda just has midichlorian injections, I reckon.

wdeadwyler
12-12-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering how much training he had compared to the others, surely it's Luke hands down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anakin had much more training than Luke. Also Luke got beat by Palpatine, Vader beat Palpatine, so Vader>Luke? But Luke beats Vader too??? Hmm.

I still think its Obi-Wan

jesusarenque
12-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Han Solo pwns all these guys, and then he gets the girl.

arod15
12-12-2005, 01:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what about the princess?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL are you serious?

man
12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I picked Obi-Wan. He's obviously the talent. Yoda just has midichlorian injections, I reckon.

[/ QUOTE ]
but d00d he totally let his guard down and vader killed him!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 didn't you see the movie

I also reckon that muppet yoda could kick computer generated yoda's ass pretty hard, regardless of those midi-mumbo-jumbo injections those jedis have these days.

arod15
12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Obi-Wan chopped Anakin's legs off, not Vader's. This is key to the debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no debate. Anakin wouldn't choke his own biotch and try to kill Obi-won his best friend. Darth Vador would. Obi-won chopped Vadors Legs off. End of discussion...

4_2_it
12-12-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
but d00d he totally let his guard down and vader killed him!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 didn't you see the movie

[/ QUOTE ]

If Vader killed him, where was the body?

imported_The Vibesman
12-12-2005, 01:17 PM
No votes for Sulu?

DrSavage
12-12-2005, 01:21 PM
http://www.knifton.com/images/jar%20jar/jarjar1.jpg

MonkeeMan
12-12-2005, 01:22 PM
I call bait and switch on your Subject and Poll Title. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

diebitter
12-12-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Vader killed him, where was the body?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! He's so badass he doesn't need the sabre to win, and merges into the force at will! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

12-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Anakin Skywalker (pre-lava burn) had the most raw power/potential out of any Jedi/Sith. As Qui-Gonn Jinn noticed when he met him as a young boy on Tatooine, his midi-clorian readings were higher than any Jedi's, even Yoda. Anakin was born of the Force and was thus able to mold it to his will.

Sidious noticed this early on, and followed Anakin's career, slowly corrupting him towards the Dark Side. Anakin had always been impatient, and upon realizing the full powers of the Sith, began to embrace its teachings. Anakin took out Mace Windu, an equal to Yoda in terms of lightsaber technique (see the Episode III novelization), owned Dooku (who fought Yoda to a standstill and dispatched Obi-Wan easily), and only lost to Obi-Wan because he was still getting used to his new Dark Side abilities (and Kenobi could anticipate his apprentice's moves; they had trained for years with each other). Sidious says to Yoda that "Darth Vader will be more powerful than either of us," and he certainly means it.

Plus, he took out an entire temple full of Jedi younglings.

dcasper70
12-12-2005, 01:28 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dcasper70/A_new_hope_1.jpg

arod15
12-12-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anakin Skywalker (pre-lava burn) had the most raw power/potential out of any Jedi/Sith. As Qui-Gonn Jinn noticed when he met him as a young boy on Tatooine, his midi-clorian readings were higher than any Jedi's, even Yoda. Anakin was born of the Force and was thus able to mold it to his will.

Sidious noticed this early on, and followed Anakin's career, slowly corrupting him towards the Dark Side. Anakin had always been impatient, and upon realizing the full powers of the Sith, began to embrace its teachings. Anakin took out Mace Windu, an equal to Yoda in terms of lightsaber technique (see the Episode III novelization), owned Dooku (who fought Yoda to a standstill and dispatched Obi-Wan easily), and only lost to Obi-Wan because he was still getting used to his new Dark Side abilities (and Kenobi could anticipate his apprentice's moves; they had trained for years with each other). Sidious says to Yoda that "Darth Vader will be more powerful than either of us," and he certainly means it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it could be done, I believe Anakin would crush Vader. He was money...

wdeadwyler
12-12-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There is no debate. Anakin wouldn't choke his own biotch and try to kill Obi-won his best friend. Darth Vador would. Obi-won chopped Vadors Legs off. End of discussion...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Anakin Skywalker as young Vader (pre-mop) im all conused about my loyalties and I still feel love, and Mature Vader (post-op) Ill force crush your larynx if you give me lip cuz thats how I roll are two different characters IMO.

swede123
12-12-2005, 01:48 PM
Read my post again, folks. Obi Wan killed Darth Maul, who'd previously killed Qui-Gon Jinn, a very accomplished Jedi. He then kills General Grievous, who'd killed multiple Jedis in the past. Finally, he goes toe to toe with Anakin, at a point when Anakin had already killed tons of Younglings as well as Mace Vindu. In this fight Obi-Wan pretty much dominates Anakin. Based on all this I say Obi-Wan.

Swede

12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Read my post again, folks. Obi Wan killed Darth Maul, who'd previously killed Qui-Gon Jinn, a very accomplished Jedi. He then kills General Grievous, who'd killed multiple Jedis in the past. Finally, he goes toe to toe with Anakin, at a point when Anakin had already killed tons of Younglings as well as Mace Vindu. In this fight Obi-Wan pretty much dominates Anakin. Based on all this I say Obi-Wan.

Except Vader owned him on the first Death Star.

And Anakin boned Padme.

trying2learn
12-12-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it could be done, I believe Anakin would crush Vader. He was money...

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean if?! it is done, at the end of ROTJ...Anakin defeats Vader, and kills Sidious.

12-12-2005, 01:55 PM
Luke. It's not the battles that count, it's the war. Luke won the war. You're all poker players. Luke risked his life on a read, and his read was correct.

Also the Emperor said Luke's faith in his friends was a weakness, but again Luke was right.

swede123
12-12-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Except Vader owned him on the first Death Star.

And Anakin boned Padme.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, not really. Obi-Wan clearly lowers his guard, letting Vader strike him down.

Swede

mrkilla
12-12-2005, 02:11 PM
Being as your post is misleading...

best character, Boba Fett , He sides with no one , hes in it for the cash, his dad gets murdered by the Jedi so he's got all sortsa "dark side" anger . If you paid him more he'd kill the emperor for you too, throwing in Vader no Charge...
Not to mention every storm trooper is his "brother"

As for Best "Jedi" its Luke, as his overall force is enough to swing his father back to kill the emporer and take down the entire dark side, So Luke pwns the entire dark side. (No matter how he gets it done)

Warrior wise, as in a fighter, its a close between Obi and Vader/Anikin that he (obi)smaked him around as a Kid he should win, but he runs like a bitch in the end so its subjective now

Quinn Warren
12-12-2005, 02:33 PM
What about Darth Maul? Poor fellow got double-teamed. And his death was ridiculous. The guy has lightning-quick reflexes, then just stands there for five seconds as Obi-Wan flies over him and cuts the bastard in half.

The idea of Luke Skywalker defeating Darth Maul in a lightsaber battle is hilariious.

arod15
12-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Luke couldnt even beat his sister in a battle....

mrkilla
12-12-2005, 05:38 PM
see this is where you all fail the true star wars tests, Luke is suppose to be the ultimate Jedi, Well Anikin is, the one who brings Balance etc. Thus his love child is as good or better, unless "force" genes are resive in nature. but alas thats another debate.

Anyway He may look like a puss but he has to beat the man whos has wooped on all the above named Jedi's in some for or another and is also his dad "the most powerful Jedi ever"

This is stricly Jedi were talking, he only wins cause he takes the side of good vs evil , which in full force is always suppose to win (with in the context of the movies)

Thank you i Fufilled my geek quota for the week i think

The emperror was a puppeter who shot lighting out his ass big deal

12-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Speaking of the bringing balance to the force prophecy...why didn't they just kill the kid when they found him? He's supposed to bring balance to the force. We currently have dozens of Jedis and one or two Siths. Let's see, what would bring balance to this situation? Hmmmm.... oh [censored] it, who knows, let's just train the kid and make him really powerful.

goofball
12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
the question was which character is the best. Anakin has to be considered since he nailed natalie portman, but in the end it can only be Yoda.

12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the question was which character is the best. Anakin has to be considered since he nailed natalie portman, but in the end it can only be Yoda.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are ASSUMING none of the others nailed Padme'. I believe it is common knowledge that Mace Windu gave her the "O" face.

LLL

fnord_too
12-12-2005, 07:45 PM
I'm sure this has been said a dozen times already, but Han Solo. Without him the first movies would hardly be watchable for people older than 10 (I'm not sure the second three are watchable by people older than 7). (Your text and title are all out of whack, so I am answer the question your title asks.)

12-12-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm guessing that if you were to restrict the poll to voters 25 and over, Vader would win in a walk.

crownjules
12-12-2005, 09:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of the bringing balance to the force prophecy...why didn't they just kill the kid when they found him? He's supposed to bring balance to the force. We currently have dozens of Jedis and one or two Siths. Let's see, what would bring balance to this situation? Hmmmm.... oh [censored] it, who knows, let's just train the kid and make him really powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the common misconception of the Force, that the Force is a duality - possessing both light and dark sides. This stems from Western civilization's philosophy. Lucas, however, drew a lot from Eastern civilization when he created the Force. The Force is one, possessing neither light nor dark. The "dark side", which the Sith utilize, is like a cancer to the Force that acts on it from the outside. Their use of the Force, through hate, anger, and fear is not natural and quite harmful. The Sith have to be destroyed to restore balance to the Force.

To keep this on topic, I voted for Sidious when he's the Emperor in RotJ. He was just badass and had such great line delievery.

surfinillini
12-12-2005, 09:30 PM
How could this ever be considered a star wars poll without adding Billy Dee, I mean Lando Calrisian to the poll.

By far one of the most complex characters, sells out Han, then decides to bail and go back to save Luke, goes undercover in Jaba's crew, then almost gets eaten by that hole in the desert, then he single handedly DESTROYS the [censored] DEATH STAR.

This thread sucks.

stabn
12-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Where is the comment "How is vader not winning", so i can quote it. I really don't think this is even close.

4_2_it
12-12-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the comment "How is vader not winning", so i can quote it. I really don't think this is even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Mace Windu and Obi Wan could handle Vader. Windu had Sidious beaten and was going for the kill when Anakin turned to the Dark Side. Even Voda fought Sidious to a draw.

Vader never defeated Obi Wan in any battle. Obi Wan became one with the Force to deny Vader a chance to kill him. Of course, at the time he was what, a 50 year man vs a 38 year Vader?

stabn
12-12-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Both Mace Windu and Obi Wan could handle Vader. Windu had Sidious beaten and was going for the kill when Anakin turned to the Dark Side. Even Voda fought Sidious to a draw.

Vader never defeated Obi Wan in any battle. Obi Wan became one with the Force to deny Vader a chance to kill him. Of course, at the time he was what, a 50 year man vs a 38 year Vader?

[/ QUOTE ]

Black suit > all. Most of those chickens you listed don't even use force lightning or crush windpipes!

4_2_it
12-12-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Black suit > all. Most of those chickens you listed don't even use force lightning or crush windpipes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Windu handled the Force Lightning and gave Sidious a new face with something more interesting than the Force choke. That and the purple light saber and badassmuthaf....... wallet trump all.

DarkForceRising
12-13-2005, 02:46 AM
http://www.ianmcdiarmid.com/iansenateclose.jpg

And it isn't even close...

samjjones
12-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Having a "Which Star Wars Character was the best?" poll and leaving out Han Solo is a f-ing travesty.

12-13-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the common misconception of the Force, that the Force is a duality - possessing both light and dark sides. This stems from Western civilization's philosophy. Lucas, however, drew a lot from Eastern civilization when he created the Force. The Force is one, possessing neither light nor dark.

[/ QUOTE ]Well he [censored] up by calling it the dark side a hundred times then, didn't he. His failure is now complete.

12-13-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are ASSUMING none of the others nailed Padme'. I believe it is common knowledge that Mace Windu gave her the "O" face.

LLL

[/ QUOTE ]Yoda too.

Mmmmm, over I will bend you. Bang you I will.

It's walking in on this that sent Anakin to the dark side...er, I mean, the outside-the-force-Eastern-philosophy-not-really-the-dark-side-we-just-call-it-that thing. But that scene got cut to avoid an R rating.

4_2_it
12-13-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Mace Windu pwn him in about 90 seconds then?

arod15
12-13-2005, 11:36 AM
I f'd up the name. I meant to say is the best warrior. Han solo is a great character but even Princess Lea could take him out. What I wonder is if Vader was so strong why he didnt wack Lord Sidious and rule the whole Galaxy. They should really make a video game where you can fight a la mortal combat with all star wars characters. That would be interesting....

Matt Flynn
12-13-2005, 11:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I f'd up the name. I meant to say is the best warrior. Han solo is a great character but even Princess Lea could take him out. What I wonder is if Vader was so strong why he didnt wack Lord Sidious and rule the whole Galaxy. They should really make a video game where you can fight a la mortal combat with all star wars characters. That would be interesting....

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucas said Anakin/Vader started out with the potential to be twice as strong as the Emperor but ended up about 80% of him and could not use force lightning due to his injuries.

Y'all forgot Boba Fett.

MD2020
12-13-2005, 11:58 AM
Voting for Wedge Antilles. He's the only man, in the entire universe, to survive TWO Death Star Runs.

And he doesn't rely on the Force, either. Just courage and balls of steel.

wdeadwyler
12-13-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They should really make a video game where you can fight a la mortal combat with all star wars characters. That would be interesting....

[/ QUOTE ]

They did, the Episode 3 video games has an unlockable dueling mode. Anakin owns that mode.

12-13-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Voting for Wedge Antilles. He's the only man, in the entire universe, to survive TWO Death Star Runs.

And he doesn't rely on the Force, either. Just courage and balls of steel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooooh...good one.

"Look at the size of that thing!"

ScottieK

DarkForceRising
12-13-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did Mace Windu pwn him in about 90 seconds then?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Lucas, it is open to interpretation as to whether Mace pwn3d Palps or if the Sith Lord merely allowed Windu temporary advantage as he forsaw his opportunity to close the deal with Anakin.

The book, however, does indeed give the victory to Mace. Apparently, he developed his own brand of The Force which is close to a Dark Side style. By allowing the Dark Side to flow through him he was able to turn Sidious' power back on him.

The ROTS novel is well done. The author takes quite a few liberties and provides some snappy lines and insight that the movie sadly lacked. I am sorry to report that the ROTS follow up novel "Dark Lord- The Rise of Darth Vader" is pretty much meh.

Botttom line- Palpatine worked his way up in the senate, amassed the biggest military force in the history of the universe, destroyed the Jedi and became Emperor of the galaxy. That's what pwning is all about.

12-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I've only just realized how much damage the new films did to the Vader mystique. Before the second trilogy, Vader's winning this poll in a landslide, but now that he's been exposed, we're not in awe of him any more. He's mortal now.

G

etgryphon
12-13-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yoda too.

Mmmmm, over I will bend you. Bang you I will.

It's walking in on this that sent Anakin to the dark side...er, I mean, the outside-the-force-Eastern-philosophy-not-really-the-dark-side-we-just-call-it-that thing. But that scene got cut to avoid an R rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yodasheep1dg.jpg

Thats not the only thing he banged...

-Gryph