PDA

View Full Version : Party for free tournament

threepines
12-12-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm wondering if the Party for free tournament on Sunday the 18th will be worth my time or others' time. Does anyone have an educated guess regarding how many players will be entering the tournament and the ev for the average player? Related to this, how many hours is it likely to take to make it into the money?

Rizen
12-12-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if the Party for free tournament on Sunday the 18th will be worth my time or others' time. Does anyone have an educated guess regarding how many players will be entering the tournament and the ev for the average player? Related to this, how many hours is it likely to take to make it into the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

It plays A LOT like the 40k does every night. I've played in two of them (cashed in both, won 1) and they usually have about 2500 runners and the play is about as bad as the 40k, and it's just as big of a minefield. I certainly believe that any freeroll tournament with a 100k prize pool is worth playing, but you can expect to play ~6 hrs if you win it, and ~5 hrs to get to the FT. After ~3 hrs you're usually ITM.

-Rizen

12-12-2005, 01:57 PM
What was the payout structure like?

threepines
12-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks

Rizen
12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What was the payout structure like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard party payout. 220 got paid, 1st was 21% on down the line... You can find a percentage based payout guide on their site.

-Rizen