PDA

View Full Version : JTs: Stars 180 SNG

12-12-2005, 11:53 AM
About 50 people left at Stars 180 SNG. I'm on the button with JTs (I rarely play this hand against a raise but my M is getting low and have been ubertight this tourney for some reason).

Midstack raises from MP and some donk calls. I call. I think BB calls.

Flop AJT rainbow. PF raiser pushes.

I should fold, right? I'm beaten by AJ, AT, KQ, AA, JJ, TT.

schwza
12-12-2005, 12:19 PM
i should say that there's no way to answer without knowing bet sizes, stack sizes, etc, but i'll cut to the chase: you have to call.

12-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Hard to say w/o stack sizes but ... assuming donk folded I think you call here. Unlikely he pushes w/ the flopped straight, likely pushes w/ all the hands you cite plus Ak and Aq (and some whiffs). Lots more Ak and Aq than the others. You got into this because your M was low - you hit your hand, he may have it it harder, he may not have - you're no doubt getting the right odds to call.

12-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Sorry I'm at work and don't have the HH here. Everyone in the hand has roughly twice my stack (I have 2000 chips and they have 5000+).

nsdjoe
12-12-2005, 02:36 PM
I also think as long as donk folds this is a call. Being short stacked, this might be your best chance to make it back into the running.

Call and hope for AK or AQ.

12-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I think AK or AQ also does this, possible KK or QQ too. tough to lay this one down, maybe laying it down is the right decision, but I would call.

12-12-2005, 02:49 PM
huh? I can't believe you're considering a fold to a push here. I instacall.

Btw, you said your M was getting low, so I would fold JTs preflop unless I had a read on villain that he was straightforward and would give up the pot if he missed.

12-13-2005, 02:07 AM
With a low M, call. Without a low M, I call 95% of the time.

yabastid
12-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I don't understand- you have a low M and decide to call a raise with a suited connector? Either push because you have a read or wait to push this hand with first in vig.

As per your flop decision- you have to call. Though it would be nice to have some stack sizes and know the blind level.