PDA

View Full Version : homegame hand: K 10o on the button

shabamgoddam
12-12-2005, 11:46 AM
first hand of a 1/2 NL homegame. 8 players all with $100 in front. villian is BB in this hand. i have never played w/ villian but my impression is a loose-passive player who would call to much. SB has a fairly str8 forward playing style, to loose PF.
PF
folded to hero on button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif. I raise to $5, both blinds call.
FLOP($15)
10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $9. SB calls, BB calls.
TURN($42)
4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $86(all-in), SB folds, BB calls $86(all-in).
RIVER9(~$214)
Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB all-in, HERO all-in.(results in white)
<font color="white">BB shows J5 diamonds for the flush
HERO shows K10o, flopped 2 pair and i'm out on the first hand #^%*. </font>
Ok, this is actually my first post so lets see how it goes. this hand happened last night and the more i thought about it the more confused on the line i took.
(PF) i felt a small raise was in order because of the weakness of the other 2 players. if 1 folded that was ok but i didn't mind seeing a flop w/ position on them and i knew i wouldn't get re-raised.
(FLOP) on the flop i knew i had both of them at the moment but both SB and BB i felt would chas either the flush or str8 draw. I bet about 3/4 of the pot. i actually was hoping to get a call and push a blank turn.
(TURN) at this point i pushed when checked to. i did this because i figured them both for either a pair or a draw and i wanted the draw to fold. i figured the pot was big enough at the time, so i tried to kill the action. that was the line i took, all i can say is it didn't feel right from the PF min- raise to the end.
I have questions on all streets, particularly the flop, i felt had i raised more i would have been in a bettor spot on the turn, or not. 2 pair hands have been giving me trouble lately as to my line against loose-weak players who seem to call to much, which was why i overbet the turn so much.
anyway, any advice or thoughts would be helpful.

12-12-2005, 12:23 PM
I could be nitty and tell you you should have made a real raise instead of just a sweetener, and that poting the turn instead of the overbet would have given you a chance to get away from it when the flush hit, but with 50bb stacks I don't think it matters that much. You know you played it fine, the only reason you're posting this hand is that someone sucked out on you. Creative, but still just a bad beat post.

Buy back in and crack the table, it sounds nice an jucy. Also think about buying in for a real amount, unless thats the game cap, in which case, change it or find a new game, 1/2 with less than 100-150bb cap is pretty pointless.

Buy

shabamgoddam
12-12-2005, 12:38 PM
thanks, i thought it was a useless post.however, no one else at the table agreed with my play so i posted it. $ 100 is the buy-in.

maranello11
12-12-2005, 01:17 PM
I would make your pre-flop raise in a 1/2 NL home game anywhere from 8-10. Then on flop pot it, and turn you can go all-in. If you have more behind you and villian does then he can fold, as it is you got unlucky

yvesaint
12-12-2005, 01:21 PM
raise to 8 pf, bet pot on the flop, bet pot on the turn, if he wants to come along with a draw, let him

dont play scared, you want them to call w/draws ....

also, small stakes

swolfe
12-12-2005, 02:04 PM
small stakes

make a real raise preflop, pot the flop, turn overbet is bad, bad luck on the river.