PDA

View Full Version : why do people love violence?

KaneKungFu123
12-12-2005, 09:40 AM
aussie idiots (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051212/ap_on_re_au_an/australia_racial_unrest)

Exsubmariner
12-12-2005, 11:27 AM
This is just a replay of France. It will get worse. But I think the Aussies will take much stronger and decisive measures to deal with it. I look for these kind of riots to start happening all over the world. Even here in the US. The only thing I don't know is the roll Farakhan is going to play, if any, and whether or not "black muslims" will be involved.

I bet now they wish they hadn't outlawed guns.

X

etgryphon
12-12-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...

-Gryph

KaneKungFu123
12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Whites are behind the rioting in Australia.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I look for these kind of riots to start happening all over the world. Even here in the US. The only thing I don't know is the roll Farakhan is going to play, if any, and whether or not "black muslims" will be involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it white people that have conducted the vast majority of racial violence in American history?

Exsubmariner
12-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Shocked. Say it's not true.

Seriously, I know that. Just ask any good college professor or journalist and they'll tell you just exactly the same.

Do you blame the French for the riots in Paris?

I still stand by my assertion that this is going to keep happening and it may be coming to a neighborhood near you.

X

Exsubmariner
12-12-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, that's what the article said. "White Supremcists." I read that. They are probably just as responsible for it as the Nazi's who held that demonstration in the States a while back and incited the whole black community where they were to riot.

It's always the white people's fault. They keep the man down.

X

theweatherman
12-12-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...

-Gryph

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh hell yeah! So instead of one or two injuried we have dozens shot and killed. Bring out the guns!

KaneKungFu123
12-13-2005, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, that's what the article said. "White Supremcists." I read that. They are probably just as responsible for it as the Nazi's who held that demonstration in the States a while back and incited the whole black community where they were to riot.

It's always the white people's fault. They keep the man down.

X

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this type of racism allowed on these message boards.

Exsubmariner
12-13-2005, 09:07 AM
I think its more of a racist statement to blame the actions of a large group of Muslim men riding in 50 cars into a neighborhood with the intent of vandalizing it on "White Supremcists."

No offense, but you are just ignorant. Keep drinking that Kool Aid.

nicky g
12-13-2005, 09:24 AM
:I think its more of a racist statement to blame the actions of a large group of Muslim men riding in 50 cars into a neighborhood with the intent of vandalizing it on "White Supremcists."

From the article:

"About 5,000 white men, many of them drunk, targeted people believed to be of Arab or Middle Eastern descent on Cronulla Beach on Sunday after rumors spread that Lebanese youths assaulted two lifeguards earlier this month".

This happened before Muslims started rioting.

This isn't at all the same as what happened in France. That was mostly general rioting, the burning of cars regardless of who they belonged to, attacking the police etc, carried out by mostly but not exclusively the descendants of immigrants. This is intercommunal violence; communities targetting and attacking each other.

Exsubmariner
12-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Look at the quote. Already it is stating that 5000 white men are at fault. It also says something about Lebanese youths attacking lifeguards first.

Who cares who started what? You are proving my point for me. Wait wait wait. Are you saying it is acceptable for gangs of men to drive into white areas and vandalize property in retaliation? Isn't that a little misplaced? Do you think the people in those neighborhoods had anything to do with what happened on the beaches the day before? Or do you think that maybe a group of perhaps economically disadvantaged people are taking advantage of a situation where they think their actions will be excused because "white supremcists" started it?

Hmmmmm.

It is the same as France, IMO.

nicky g
12-13-2005, 10:21 AM
"It also says something about Lebanese youths attacking lifeguards first."

Allegedly, as part of an isolated incident involving two people, not large-scale rioting.

"Are you saying it is acceptable for gangs of men to drive into white areas and vandalize property in retaliation? "

Of course not. But you seemed to be suggesting that it was incorrect to say that the "white" rioting came first.

"Or do you think that maybe a group of perhaps economically disadvantaged people are taking advantage of a situation where they think their actions will be excused because "white supremcists" started it?"

No, I think a group of people are acting out misplaced revenge.

"It is the same as France, IMO."

OK, but you haven't responded to my argument about why it is different at all.

Exsubmariner
12-13-2005, 10:30 AM
I could go so far that it is different in that one respect. The communities are retaliating against each other here. In that regard, it is probably a step up for what happened in France.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Your posts show that your underlying racism is so strong that you don't even care to read the reports about those incidents. You have made up your mind on which race is honest and which races that cannot be trusted and nothing can change it. That kind of thinking was very common/accepted 70 years ago and led to among other things Holocaust. Luckily, more and more people get relationships/friends etc. across races and don't just stay in white neighbourhoods with their gun ready in case a black man will come to kill them.

Exsubmariner
12-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Your ignorance is astounding. We are on an internet message board, you have never met me and you assume I am white. Then, because I must be white and I make a case that the Austrailian riots are similar in nature to the riots in France that I must be a racist and you sit out there in cyberworld just waiting to tell me I'm 70 years behind history. Sad. It probably made your day to go out and champion your non existant cause. How dare I quesstion the motives of muslims who drive into an area and vandalize it! It can only be because I must be white and a racist.

You are an imbecile.

Welcome to my ignore list you troglodite.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-13-2005, 04:58 PM
If you had orientated yourself you would know that it was men who attacked the life guard. The white mob, however, revenged on a woman.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It can only be because I must be white and a racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it, you know it. People like you are on the lowest bottom of my respect list.

Peter666
12-14-2005, 02:37 AM
It's a cheap cop-out to call someone racist rather than arguing the facts. You may think a person is the lowest type of human around, but telling them that just gives them another excuse to stomp on you.

Of course, these kinds of conclusions are what starts riots to begin with. Sub-Mariner is correct: it is inevitable that there will be more fighting in the future because the divide between cultural and political groups has grown too large to find common ground.

Arnfinn Madsen
12-14-2005, 07:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Sub-Mariner is correct: it is inevitable that there will be more fighting in the future because the divide between cultural and political groups has grown too large to find common ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it is due to people like him that that happens, so a bit of soul searching instead of blaiming the other races could be in place.

Exsubmariner
12-14-2005, 08:42 AM
You know what I think is sad, Peter, is that I hear people in this country making the kind of statements I would expect to hear from a radical Imam. Only white people can be racists and are always to blame for the worlds problems are exactly the kind of statements I have heard from racists of various ethnicities all over the world, and I have been over the face of much of it, not as a tourist, but to make a living.

The only place I was ever forced to sit in the back of the bus because of the color of my skin was in Japan. It was also the only place I was ever refused service because of my race. The most racist individual I ever knew was Jewish. I've heard the same kind of tripe from Hindus and Buddists. The nasty little secret of political correctness is that everyone can be racist, but it's only politically correct to say white people are. I know. I've met racists everywhere.

Andrew Fletcher
12-14-2005, 12:01 PM
This is a silly point and rooted in nothing but Fox News BS.

Peter666
12-14-2005, 12:44 PM
If you will see the post above, Exsubmariner gives specific instances of where he was subject to racism as a white person. He has not retaliated by extending the same type of treatment to others, but offers the point that all people can be racist.

In Australia, why should we call white people who riot as racist idiots, while arabs are merely rioters? They should be called stupid racists too. Or in the instance of the LA riots, the people who were rioting were doing it just because Rodney King was black. They would not have done it if it was a white guy beaten by the cops. That's a racial motive, hence making the black rioters racist.

Andrew Fletcher
12-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Sssssh. Doesn't fit in the narrative.

Andrew Fletcher
12-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Ssssssh! Doesn't fit with the narrative. It's the brown people, dang it!

Andrew Fletcher
12-14-2005, 12:51 PM
I can't tell if he is being serious or joking. There is a strain of conservative thought that really does believe this.

Exsubmariner
12-14-2005, 12:56 PM
For the record, I did not say I was white.

Edit: No offense taken or intended.

X

Andrew Fletcher
12-14-2005, 12:56 PM
If Person 1 is a member of group A, and beats up Person 2 of group B, does that give all members of group B the right to beat up all members of group A?

No, unless you dehumanize people because of the color of their skin.

Think logically before you write the talking points. They don't hold up.

Andrew Fletcher
12-14-2005, 12:58 PM
I think people are arguing facts and the facts show that Sub-Mariner is a racist.

Andrew Fletcher
12-14-2005, 01:38 PM
It'll be interesting to see what, if anything, our new WSOP champ does. He is originally from Lebannon.

Aussies love to cheer for people of color in sporting events and then beat them up. What a weird society.

Exsubmariner
12-14-2005, 02:20 PM
You have also earned your way onto my ignore list. Congratulations.

Andrew Fletcher
12-14-2005, 02:25 PM
I just looked at your poker content (the real reason I come to this site) and I'm ok with that.