PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding player reads during a hand

12-12-2005, 08:14 AM
When players post hands here, it seems like they list the %hands played, and some other number, in some abbreviated form. I have 2 questions: #1, what is the common abbreviation and meaning for a player's stats used here in the 2+2 forums, and
#2, how does one obtain this information quickly during a hand when you're running 8 tables of 100nl, gametime+ for pokertracker doesnt seem to work for 8 tables...

djoyce003
12-12-2005, 09:58 AM
probably in the FAQ so i'm suggesting you read those before you start posting lots of questions.

Commonly you see three numbers. They are in this order.

VPIP/PFR/Aggression Factor

VPIP means voluntarily put $ in pot (this is how often they put cash in not counting the blinds)

PFR - Preflop raise %.
Aggression Factor - this is a combination of their agression on all streets, betting/raising/calling/folding goes into the calculation.

Most people get it by using pokerace or playerview. Pokerace is free and works with pokertracker, playerview costs $50 bucks. Both are good programs.

beavens
12-12-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
probably in the FAQ so i'm suggesting you read those before you start posting lots of questions.

Commonly you see three numbers. They are in this order.

VPIP/PFR/Aggression Factor

VPIP means voluntarily put $ in pot (this is how often they put cash in not counting the blinds)

PFR - Preflop raise %.
Aggression Factor - this is a combination of their agression on all streets, betting/raising/calling/folding goes into the calculation.

Most people get it by using pokerace or playerview. Pokerace is free and works with pokertracker, playerview costs $50 bucks. Both are good programs.

[/ QUOTE ]

PAHUD is free in limited form - fully functional for only $25.