PDA

View Full Version : MTH (new SNG feature!) and Ergonomics

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 04:11 AM
MTH has just eliminated 90% of my SNG stress by automatically opening tables for me. When I saw the feature, I had to try it for the first time today.

I used to think MTH was just for lazy people who didn't want to use 2 monitors, but now I am finding it much more usable than any AHK script.

I played a few sets with it today, and they went great. I did most of the work with 4 buttons and the numpad. At some points though, I did have to take over with the mouse.

I'm recovering from RSI, and tools like this are helping a lot. Can anyone suggest a good ergonomic setup to use this? I'm thinking of getting maybe some kind of simple gamepad that only needs to have 4 buttons and a small numerical keypad, or maybe just a small programmable numerical keypad.

BTW, after trying over $500 in pointing devices, I switched to the Evoluent vertical mouse, and I'm loving it.

curtains
12-12-2005, 04:27 AM
Whats MTH?

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 04:29 AM
http://www.multitablehelper.com/

And the thread in the software forum:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post4031666 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4031666&an=0&page=0#Post 4031666)

Apparently, there is voice recognition that I should try out too . . .

roundest
12-12-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats MTH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Multi-Table Helper. It's quite handy.

http://www.multitablehelper.com/

I'm slow. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SuitedSixes
12-12-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whats MTH?

[/ QUOTE ]

www.multitablehelper.com (http://www.multitablehelper.com)

Check out the software forum, it was written by a 2+2er. You tell it how many SNGs you want to open and it will to it for you (except for checking the buy-in box).

It has voice recognition capability. It is slick.

Newt_Buggs
12-12-2005, 04:37 AM
This program looks great. I'm going to be out of town for a while, but when I get back I'm definitly trying it out.

FieryJustice
12-12-2005, 04:42 AM
I have used it just a little, mainly to 20 table. The only problem I had with it was it gave me a headache, i tihnk from my eyes jumping back and forth to view the cards. I guess this could be fixed by sitting in the same spot every time. Also, the open table thing works pretty well but sometimes it just stops opening them. It is like it cant find a game or something. Also, it sits you in a random seat, which sucks, but I guess it would be pretty hard to make it sit in the "best" seat. Besides those 2 problems, it works great.

curtains
12-12-2005, 04:43 AM
Well one thing is it needs to not sit you in seat 4, that seat is a disaster.

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 04:44 AM
I made the table_options.bmp file in my images folder 1x1 pixels, and it solves the seat 4 problem.

These are the options I use with it:
Mark active table with boarder, Color Red, 6 px
Move cursor to active table
Enable keyboard controls.

All of the table arrangement options are OFF, and Flashing boarder is OFF.

This makes it just like 8 tabling before, except i can now hit "F" to fold if I want to and "P" to push. I still have to move the tables around with my mouse. Hitting "F" a million times for the first 2 levels is much easier for me than clicking all around.

I'm shopping for some kind of stupid programmable 4 button pad now...

pergesu
12-12-2005, 04:46 AM
Can you choose what seat it puts you in? I like sitting in seat 9.

Bluff Daddy
12-12-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just change the table options button in the image files to 1x1 pixels

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 04:55 AM
No, we need to ask for this feature. I think we also want it to auto-click the confirm box to start a sng.

[ QUOTE ]
Can you choose what seat it puts you in? I like sitting in seat 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 04:56 AM
Is there an echo in this thread? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pergesu
12-12-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this do?

handsome
12-12-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ty. now I'm not afraid to sit in Seat 4 anymore.

Bluff Daddy
12-12-2005, 05:12 AM
instead of having all of the images pop up saying you have options at table28943 that covers your chip amount when youre sitting in seat 4 you wont see anything

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Ok, this will be hilarious. Here is a button-to-keyboardstrokes interface. I need a big red button for "fold" and a green button for "push":

http://www.xkeys.com/xkeys/xkswi.php

12-12-2005, 05:56 AM
www.ergodex.com (http://www.ergodex.com)

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 06:49 AM
I think an awesome ergodex setup would be to use 8 buttons to control an AHK script to hit the fold checkbox, 10 buttons for a keypad, and 4 for fold,check,bet,push on the MTH active table. Has anyone actually tried this. Search shows some talk, but no updates of field tests.

pergesu
12-12-2005, 07:03 AM
Man this thing rules so freakin hard. Seriously, it feels like I'm one tabling just a little faster. The only real problems I have with 6+ tabling is keeping track of what's going on. This is super sweet.

I made a couple suggestions in the thread..if those happen this ish'd be perfect.

zaphod
12-12-2005, 07:16 AM
I was planning to make a post telling how great the MTH is here in the SNG forum.
I love the program. I currently only use my keyboard. Left is check/fold, down is check/call and right is the good old push. For actually entering the amount i want to raise, i use the numbers, and space for confirming my bet. Works great. MTH is highly recommended!

OrcaDK
12-12-2005, 07:20 AM
Thanks all, i'll see if i can make some kind of seat preference and auto buyin functionality /images/graemlins/smile.gif

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 07:21 AM
Are you using AHK with this too? How do you get the arrow to be check and fold? I'd really like an AHK script to use 8 buttons to hit the fold checkbox for me.

zaphod
12-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Oops. My mistake. Left is only fold. And no, i am only using MTH.

kreutz000
12-12-2005, 08:06 AM
I see a lot of people only using the keyboard and using AHK scripts and whatnot. Doesn't this alarm party's bot detection?

tigerite
12-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Nope, it does not.

12-12-2005, 08:24 AM
Awesome. I was looking for something like this.

EnderFFX
12-12-2005, 09:27 AM
I can't wait to try this. I'm looking for a tool that just opens up the games and signs up for me and I'll handle the rest with the mouse.

Currently uninstalling Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Beta. (been at it 5 hours, fun stuff) so i can reinstall the .NEt stuff so this will work.

SuitedSixes
12-12-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks all, i'll see if i can make some kind of seat preference and auto buyin functionality /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Orca-

Any way for it to keep X amount of tables always open; to open the appropriate amount as soon as you win one?

Freudian
12-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Personally I hate it. Have used it for one set and ended on five tables with three multitablers each, often in poor position.

I'll take the small inconveniance of refreshing tables to keep the option of not only if I want to sit down but also where I want to sit.

12-12-2005, 01:50 PM
I just tried it out, and in the lapse of 5 minutes I accomplished the following:
• Minraising 35o utg
• Folded AA to all limpers preflop
• Cold called a raise with J4o OOP

I obviously dont have the skill to use a program like this :O

Degen
12-12-2005, 01:54 PM
i'm on my laptop and i bought a USB number pad for it

most of the time i just have this thing in my lap and i have all the keys programmed on it...if it gets hectic i use the mouse...this works uber good for anybody laptopping it

when i used my PC i had space bar as fold, that worked v v good

12-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Eh.. is it possible to check the 'fold' box before it's your turn with this program? It would be a time saver.

If you're 8-tabling, you could use F1-F8 (or any other 8 buttons), to check the fold box on a table.

SuitedSixes
12-12-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh.. is it possible to check the 'fold' box before it's your turn with this program? It would be a time saver.

If you're 8-tabling, you could use F1-F8 (or any other 8 buttons), to check the fold box on a table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is my set up for 10-tabling SNGs and 20-tabling ring games:

I have two monitors.
The active table pops up in upper right of monitor 1. Inactive tables go in the lower left and lower right of monitor 1. Tables that I am out of for some reason go to the uper left of monitor 2. The MTH window is open in the upper right of monitor 2. And the Party application is open in the lower left of monitor 2.

This allows me to verbalize my commands on the active monitor, while acting ahead of time (fold, check/call, etc.) on the inactive monitors on the bottom of the screen by using the mouse.

Or I can relax by 4-8 tabling, and sitting back in the recliner and just saying everything as it pops up.

12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two monitors.
The active table pops up in upper right of monitor 1. Inactive tables go in the lower left and lower right of monitor 1. Tables that I am out of for some reason go to the uper left of monitor 2. The MTH window is open in the upper right of monitor 2. And the Party application is open in the lower left of monitor 2.

This allows me to verbalize my commands on the active monitor, while acting ahead of time (fold, check/call, etc.) on the inactive monitors on the bottom of the screen by using the mouse.

Or I can relax by 4-8 tabling, and sitting back in the recliner and just saying everything as it pops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I just did another session of 8 tabling using MTH. In the last set I went far in 7 sng's... I almost died! In the last seven I finished 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 5th, 2nd, 1st, 1st. I had to start using my mouse at one point, because I would've run out of time on all tables. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I screwed up anyway. I lost with a huge chiplead heads up. The blinds were very small so I was forced to play post flop, with all the other tables still going. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Freudian
12-12-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have two monitors.

Or I can relax by 4-8 tabling, and sitting back in the recliner and just saying everything as it poops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

pergesu
12-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Man I can't make it push when I press enter. I set the push key to enter, but am getting no response. It doesn't have "require shift" checked or whatever, so I don't know what the problem is.

Why can't I use enter to push? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

curtains
12-12-2005, 07:27 PM
how does one 20 table these days?

12-12-2005, 07:31 PM
What does this mean?
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/1015/error4zq.png (http://imageshack.us)

pergesu
12-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Try downloading the file again. There was something wrong with the file you downloaded.

12-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Got it, thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

proell
12-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Just tried it for the first time, and...

I love the feature of opening new SNGs because that can be extremely frustrating to do manually. Agree with Perg that I'd like the option of just having it accept the buyin dialog automatically as well.

Voice recognition is very cool (except that I have construction going on at the house and every time someone fires up the tablesaw I end up all-in!)

Sadly though, I can't seem to get used to the tables flying all over the place. I'm used to constantly watching action on all of my tables, not just the ones that require attention. Does this just take some getting used to?

I think I will continue to use the Party Beta software and 9-table on one screen using AHK scripts. I also have a little utility that will keep my tables sorted by the size of the blinds allowing me to keep some sense of order to the madness.

Too bad, cuz I love the VR and the Table-Opening functions.

But I will certainly use this to play sets while on the stationary bike... All this sitting around is starting to show!

roundest
12-12-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly though, I can't seem to get used to the tables flying all over the place. I'm used to constantly watching action on all of my tables, not just the ones that require attention. Does this just take some getting used to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uncheck the "move active tables" box. Then you won't have the tables moving around. I've tried sets with the active table popping up in one area of the monitor before and it drove me nuts as well.

curtains
12-12-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just tried it for the first time, and...

I love the feature of opening new SNGs because that can be extremely frustrating to do manually. Agree with Perg that I'd like the option of just having it accept the buyin dialog automatically as well.

Voice recognition is very cool (except that I have construction going on at the house and every time someone fires up the tablesaw I end up all-in!)

I think I will continue to use the Party Beta software and 9-table on one screen using AHK scripts. I also have a little utility that will keep my tables sorted by the size of the blinds allowing me to keep some sense of order to the madness.

Too bad, cuz I love the VR and the Table-Opening functions.

But I will certainly use this to play sets while on the stationary bike... All this sitting around is starting to show!

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you do the thing where the tables are sorted by blind size? I currently do that manually (although when im on the bubble or ITM I focus on those tourneys more and put them to the forefront)

12-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Yes, this is awesome!

ferb
12-12-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have two monitors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running pokerace hud with this config? If so is it working ok?

FlyWf
12-12-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Any way for it to keep X amount of tables always open; to open the appropriate amount as soon as you win one?

[/ QUOTE ]

This feature would be crazy useful. Currently, it's great for starting a session but unless you play in sets(and playing in sets is for chumps) it isn't so good for maintaining a session.

Bluff Daddy
12-12-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is my set up for 10-tabling SNGs and 20-tabling ring games

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was easier to play massive amounts of sng's b/c it was mainly push/fold late? What level of ring games do you 20-table?

golfcchs
12-12-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the file, but how do I change it to 1x1 pixels?

bluef0x
12-12-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the file, but how do I change it to 1x1 pixels?

[/ QUOTE ]

MSPaint... drag 1 corner to the opposite corner.

tigerite
12-12-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How do you do the thing where the tables are sorted by blind size? I currently do that manually (although when im on the bubble or ITM I focus on those tourneys more and put them to the forefront)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how he does it, and never thought of that myself, but actually it would be pretty easy to do. I could knock up a script for it without too much hassle.

swiftrhett
12-12-2005, 09:43 PM
MTH doesn't do anything to windows after I lose. I want something to automatically get rid of the dead windows and keep my active windows grouped. Arranged by blind size would be nice.

If I turn on the MTH feature to put tables I'm not sitting at in a special place. It quickly puts each table that I open up there, but does nothing with the tables when they become useless.

tigerite
12-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Closing windows when you lose is very easy, I already have a script that does that.

aujoz
12-13-2005, 01:37 AM
closing tables? i have a cool button that does it for me - it's the little "x" in the top right hand corner of each window

swiftrhett
12-13-2005, 04:34 AM
I just bought $400 worth of joysticks and other input devices from fry's. Some joysticks let you turn buttons into keystrokes and some don't. My favorite so far is the gravice eliminator rumble.

I just ran 2 sets with MTH and the gravis pad, and it went pretty well. I'm getting able to follow the action better.

12-13-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Closing windows when you lose is very easy, I already have a script that does that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could I have that script maybe? Thanks. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

tigerite
12-13-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
closing tables? i have a cool button that does it for me - it's the little "x" in the top right hand corner of each window

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but when you have 8 running, bust out of one and decisions waiting in the other 7, it's quite a bit more useful to have a script do it for you.

Donkbluffer - sure - will post it later on.

pergesu
12-14-2005, 09:18 PM
omg I just yelled "PUSH!" at the top of my lungs and all my chips went sliding into the middle. [censored] beautiful.

SuitedSixes
12-14-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omg I just yelled "PUSH!" at the top of my lungs and all my chips went sliding into the middle. [censored] beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is EASILY the coolest feature.

12-14-2005, 11:29 PM
I just tried it. Wow, my head is still spinning. I kept wondering WTF happened in my hands. I guess one cool thing is I never see when the bad beats happen.

12-15-2005, 03:55 AM
Hmm... time to turn all features but opening tables off. Somehow on this hand I thought a different window was active and of course I activated the ability to push by just hitting 'P' on the keyboard.

***** Hand History for Game 3203711914 *****
200/400 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 18292209) - Thu Dec 15 01:51:07 EST 2005
Table Table 67841 (Real Money) -- Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 1: SB (2100)
Seat 2: ME (1995)
Seat 3: UTG (810)
Seat 4: CO (2295)
Seat 9: Button (800)
SB posts small blind (100)
ME posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to ME [ 7s, Tc ]
UTG folds.
CO folds.
Button raises (800) to 800
Button is all-In.
SB calls (700)
ME raises (1795) to 1995
ME is all-In.
SB calls (1195)
Creating Main Pot with $2400 with Button
Creating Side Pot 1 with $2390 with ME
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 3s, 6d, 5c ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8s ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 4d ]
** Summary **
Main Pot: 2400 | Side Pot 1: 2390 |
Board: [ 3s 6d 5c 8s 4d ]
SB balance 105, lost 1995 [ Kc Qs ] [ high card king -- Kc,Qs,8s,6d,5c ]
ME balance 4790, bet 1995, collected 4790, net +2795 [ 7s Tc ] [ a straight, four to eight -- 8s,7s,6d,5c,4d ]
UTG balance 810, didn't bet (folded)
CO balance 2295, didn't bet (folded)
Button balance 0, lost 800 [ Ah Ts ] [ high card ace -- Ah,Ts,8s,6d,5c ]

Pokey
12-15-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dealt to ME [ 7s, Tc ]
UTG folds.
CO folds.
Button raises (800) to 800
Button is all-In.
SB calls (700)
ME raises (1795) to 1995
ME is all-In.

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll keep 'em guessing. I'll bet the table chat got mighty interesting after you won this hand.

12-15-2005, 11:45 AM
I had something similar the first time I used MTH. I went all-in on the flop with 62o and made a runner-runner straight. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm still making a mistake every now and then. Yesterday I folded AA UTG and 88 OTB with high blinds.

tigerite
12-15-2005, 12:48 PM
I hardly ever make a mistake now with MTH despite the cursor moving to an active table - the key is to be patient, but I do still occasionally get it wrong and raise in the wrong situation. Maybe once a week, say.

12-16-2005, 02:58 AM
can i use MTH with MTT'S?

12-16-2005, 03:00 AM
This software is valuable beyond description.

One suggestion: maximize the border pixels and make it a really bright color, particularly if you still tile your tables. This makes it easy to see which table is active.

I use my arrows for betting, and shift+space for all-in. Outstanding.

swiftrhett
12-16-2005, 06:40 AM
WARNING: It has minraised for me several times when I pushed. I can't use it anymore /images/graemlins/frown.gif

12-16-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WARNING: It has minraised for me several times when I pushed. I can't use it anymore /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's odd. I used it to MT probably 30ish tables yesterday, pushing many many times, and never had it happen once.