PDA

View Full Version : RE from RGP: Tony folds trips JJJ against helluuth???

Georgia Peach
07-16-2003, 06:49 PM
There is an interesting thread on RGP regarding Tony D's laydown of trip Js to Phil H.'s over the top raise during day 2 of the WSOP.

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&th=b936c728ec956735

Just wondering what y'all think?

JayKon
07-17-2003, 09:43 PM
I think this thread validates why I left RGP. It degraded into the fight seen. Lots to do with poker there!

Eric P
07-18-2003, 12:11 AM
This is the only time i have ever read RGP. I only read the first page, but when people are saying "he can't fold, especially cause it's helmuth" (not and exact quote, i admit) but hinting at stuff like that it seems rediculous. It's like they don't realize that tournament is 50 hours long and that while tony did have a strong hand, helmuth is a very good player and reader and he re-raised him almost all of tony's chips. Watching that hand was not only very exciting, but made me respect both their play a lot. I would have liked to see people's re-action if they didn't show helmuth's hand.

P.S. I thought it was interesting how quickly Tony mucked to helmuth's re-raise. And the real question is: Did helmuth think Tony was on nothing, or was he A:trying to bump him off a king B: trying to bump him off something better.

Nottom
07-18-2003, 11:34 AM
I actually thought it was a reasonable thread with some good points. Much better than the Brunson chip-dumping thread from a few weeks ago.