aLOWdAkING
12-12-2005, 01:05 AM
No reads.

9 players left, 15/30 blinds, still lots of hands til 25/50

Relevant chip counts:
CO 810
SB 1115
Me 960

Folded to the CO who min raises, Btn calls.

What's my line and how do I proceed on the flop, depending on the cards that hit?

octaveshift
12-12-2005, 01:29 AM
What do you think you should do?

Not trying to be a dick, but it's probably more helpful to talk through it a little...

Questions:

What does raising accomplish?
What about calling?
What about your position?
How does JJ play 3-way?
Do you want to go to war over t150 in L1?

aLOWdAkING
12-12-2005, 01:48 AM
Wel, I think the best line is probably to call, and see what the flop brings. If there are no overcards, I'll play it strong. If there's one overcard, I may bet around half the pot to try to protect my hand and see if I can take it down there. I don't think its worth risking so many chips by raising and playing OOP, since I think I can find better positions to accumulate chips and outplay people near the bubble.

KKbluff
12-12-2005, 03:19 AM
why not re-raise here?
you can either take the pot as it is or at the very least gain some info and narrow villains range.

I may be wrong, but this seems like the move I would play.

J-Lo
12-12-2005, 03:40 AM
Reraising bloats the pot ALOT, u reraise to ~150, pot is 150+150+60=360 on flop, at least. Overcard comes on flop ~50%. continuation bet of ~150, u just lost 1/3rd your stack-- if villain hit (1/3rd) of the time. If u have reads, makes hand much better. However, if u flop overpair, you're good, and should go broke with it-- if u reraised. If u want to reraise, pushign would NOT be bad-- if u don't like postflop or can't play a ~600 chip stack.

If both call RERAISE and either an A/K fall, I'M DONE-- CHECK/FOLD.

The more and more i think about it, i want to reraise, take impetus, make the continuation bet, and then if they decide to come allong, they are playing for their entire stack. While u can fold and still have ~600 chips after u post SB.

Alota rambling, tell me how u guys feel

PS: If u want to play it weak, call for set value is fine too. BTW, i'm reraising w/ TT too, but not 99.

octaveshift
12-12-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't really care to play big pots OOP, so in this case, I'd just call, and see the flop. If it's safe (no AKQ, uncoordinated) I am leading out, or check raising, depending on my mood.

If the flop looks dangerous, I will probably just check, and let it go without a fight if villains decide to get frisky. I might consider leading, but in my experience, betting into a PF minraiser nearly always results in a call.

Call me weak/tight, but it's way too early in the tourney for me to go down with JJ. I think people often want to get "paid off" for a PF hand like JJ, but it's really nothing special....

tewall
12-12-2005, 07:48 PM
I like this post, but you don't think a lead of 1/2 pot into a K or Q high flop won't take it down more than 1/3 of the time?

octaveshift
12-12-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like this post, but you don't think a lead of 1/2 pot into a K or Q high flop won't take it down more than 1/3 of the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, not if villain minraised PF.

In my mind, minraising generally means one of 2 things: Donk, or donk playing aces.

I'd expect to be called by the PF minraiser about 80% of the time or so.

Mvcode3
12-12-2005, 11:39 PM
The mini-raise does scare me, I reraise preflop, get it down to heads up.
If the flop come one over I can lead 275 and fold to a raise
If flop comes unders lead fold to an All in or large reraise.
I dont like Check raiseing an undercard board because Villian will usually bet around 2/3 pot and a reriase = pot commitment.
I CR a set.

Sound like a decent line? or am I a total donk