PDA

View Full Version : Different sites waaaay different results

SirFoldsAlot
07-16-2003, 04:35 PM
I am new to online poker but I find this intriguing. I put a $100 into UB and another $100 at Party. At UB I lost 75 over 2 weeks playing .25/.50 tables yet in one day (3 hours exactly)I doubled my money at Party at the .50/$1 tables.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, I don't think the players were that much looser at Party. My only other thought is that at Party I won 2 big hands right off the bat and my aggressiveness on the hands I decided to play just scared people into folding their draws. At UB I remember get rivered with many miracle draws.

Any insight?

J.R.
07-16-2003, 04:46 PM
Variance, get used to it.

bernie
07-16-2003, 10:47 PM
you havent played enough based on these results to have anyone make anything really useful from it....

could easily be a natural swing. but it's still good to keep a check on youre game.

b

Bob T.
07-17-2003, 03:00 AM
Its funny, one month, I am great on UB, next month, I run over paradise, and get killed on UB, then the third month I make all my money on Party. I think that they are all similar, but when you split your play up, you don't get enough hours on any one to get significant results in just a month.

zamora
07-17-2003, 06:43 AM
I decided to play just scared people into folding their draws.

donīt mean to be a smartass but how the hell did you do that?

in my book players at the .5/1 table at party donīt even fold the famous "trips draw" when holding 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ,9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif
on a K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif , J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif , A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif , 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif board.

or was it NL?

take care

SirFoldsAlot
07-17-2003, 09:35 AM
I had the good fortune to join a table with $10 and in less than 25 minutes and some awesome hole cards win $55. It happened so fast that if I check raised or even just raised, most everybody folded.

It was great because I was sure that everbody thought I was a maniac, but what else can you do when you get flopped high pocket pairs and AK for like 6 hands straight...
Of course this didn't last too long due to the constant influx of new players and my monster run dried up. But it was a great run while it lasted.