PDA

View Full Version : Question for 10/20 players

Drontier
12-12-2005, 12:25 AM
How many tables do you guys play in generally and how much does each additional table impact ur win rate.(how much do u think it does) Also, what minimum resolution do i need to 4 table with 0 overlap? I want to buy an LCD/flat panel. If you guys know monitors that are cheap that fit this can you tell me where/howmuch you got it from/for? Thanks.

TheMetetron
12-12-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How many tables do you guys play in generally and how much does each additional table impact ur win rate.(how much do u think it does) Also, what minimum resolution do i need to 4 table with 0 overlap? I want to buy an LCD/flat panel. If you guys know monitors that are cheap that fit this can you tell me where/howmuch you got it from/for? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

8 and it impacts your winrate quite a bit depending on how used to it you are.

Also, check out the Party Beta if it's the only site you play on.

TStoneMBD
12-12-2005, 12:40 AM
monitor quesions go in the internet gambling forum but they would all tell you that the 2001fp is the best monitor for multitabling. $450. dell is also coming out with a new monitor this month i think called the 3007 which is a 30" monitor with 1600x2400 resolution which you can 8table on.

Drontier
12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
party beta? and i was asking about specific impacts. i know it depends on player. i just wanted to get a general idea how much for each player.

Drontier
12-12-2005, 12:44 AM
so if u dont mind, whats the minimum res for 4 tabling :P

Weatherhead03
12-12-2005, 12:46 AM
1600X1200 for no overlap

TheMetetron
12-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Party Beta allows you to resize Party windows so you can fit 10 on one 2001FP. Search the zoo.

For 4-tabling now, you need 1600x1200.

imported_ncray
12-12-2005, 12:49 AM
I play 4 tables comfortably. 6 for 6max is where I feel like I start making more suboptimal decisions. Plus I could 4 table forever, and 6 tables burns me out pretty fast.

MarkD
12-12-2005, 01:11 AM
I moved down from 4 tables to 3 tables. I plan to move back up to 4 tables sometime soon and then to 5 tables someday.

If I'm playing 10 handed then it's 4+ tables (it's been a while since I have done 10 handed though).

I don't have a clue how guys can 8 table short handed... wow.

wackjob
12-12-2005, 01:43 AM
I usually 4-table. I do it on my laptop with a lot of overlap and still do really well.

___1___
12-12-2005, 02:22 AM
I usually 4-table if I want to relax and watch TV or multi-task in some way. I'll 5-table if I'm in the mood to concentrate. I'll 6-table if I'm in the mood to concentrate and all my tables are 5 or 6 handed with little turnover.

The impact of adding more than 5 tables is where it really starts to get noticable for me. It's just the whole deal of looking back and forth from monitor to monitor that I'm not comfortable with yet. I'll have to check out Party Beta...

___1___

sthief09
12-12-2005, 02:38 AM
the optimal amount will be different for each person. some people, especially those who have played endless amounts of video games, are able to play many tables without their concentration breaking much. i time out a fair amount at 8 tables just because after a while i start to concentrate on the more interesting hands im involved in and realize that im sitting out somewhere.

also, you get far less hands for each table you add. playing one table, you might get 105 hands/hr. playing 4 tables, you might sometimes take a few extra seconds to act and get 100 hands/hr. then at 6 i start to slow down and get 550 hands/hr, or about 91 hands/hr. at 8 i really start pressing and i typically get about 640 hands/hr, so 80 hands/hr. so those 2 extra tables from 6-->8 get me only 90 hands/hr or 45 hands/table/hr. for me, unless i get a rhythm of playing everyday, i cant keep my winrate high enough at 8 tables to warrant me adding the 90 more hands/hr. over the summer, when i was playing moer consistently, i was able to play 8. so there is definitely an optimal amount for each person

however, 10/20 6-max is a very easy game to autopilot if you have some experience there and with the help of a lot of mined hands

Drontier
12-12-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
however, 10/20 6-max is a very easy game to autopilot if you have some experience there and with the help of a lot of mined hands

[/ QUOTE ]
can you teach me poker /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I sux0rs. And hitting 2 consecutive downswings hurts.

Victor
12-12-2005, 04:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
can you teach me poker /images/graemlins/frown.gif. I sux0rs. And hitting 2 consecutive downswings hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20 is very hard at first. it takes awhile to get used to and even then you will have some sick runs.

TStoneMBD
12-12-2005, 04:53 AM
if you want to learn how to crush 10/20 play in some highly aggressive shorthanded games on other sites or on party. you might not be the favorite in them but thats besides the point. the point is that those games are going to make you eat lightning and crap thunder and when you go back to the 10/20 6max youll feel like everyone is a passive idiot.

Victor
12-12-2005, 04:54 AM
i play 3-6 depending on if i can find good ones. usually i just open all the tables i can and get wait lists. if it happens that 6 good seats are open then i go for it.

5 seems to be the optimal number for me right now, but i am only using 1 monitor (17" 1920x1200).

TStoneMBD
12-12-2005, 04:55 AM
BTW Josh does coaching and I hear he's excellent. He hasn't had any students yet but word of mouth spreads fast.

Victor
12-12-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you want to learn how to crush 10/20 play in some highly aggressive shorthanded games on other sites

[/ QUOTE ]

sites/stakes?

kiddo
12-12-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when you go back to the 10/20 6max youll feel like everyone is a passive idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think lack of aggressivness is the most common misstake at SH10/20 at Party Poker?

I would say being loose both pre- and postflop is a much worse problem for most players.

stigmata
12-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I personally find that 4-tables of 6-max is where I begin to max-out. Two tables is much more optimal for me (reads are as perfect as they can be), but what I lose 4-tabling is obviously gained in hands/hour.

One way of looking at this is that you have to find your maximum hands/hour. This rate should then apply to some extent to both full ring, 6-max or even 2/3 handed. I find that 400 hands per hour is where my game begins to fall apart – my reads are poor, I get tired quickly, my concentration doesn’t last etc.

Therefore I find playing 6-tables of full ring somewhat similar to playing 4-tables of 6-max. In fact, the whole “you can win more at 6-max because you play more hands/hour” is actually a fallacy (because you can comfortably play more tables at full ring to overcome this effect). However, the fact that you are involved in more pots with bad players is obviously true. Also, the correlation between hands/hour at full ring versus short-handed does not quite hold because you are involved in more pots/marginal decisions at short handed.

However, I do feel that working out your personally optimal hands/hour is a pretty useful statistic to think about: Feeling tired? Reduce the figure by 25%. Feeling fresh after coming back from a run? Increase by 25%. You have some buddies playing on full ring and 6-max: Add up the hands/hour so that you are playing an optimum number of hands/hour.

12-12-2005, 12:08 PM
If you're looking for a specific monitor Dell ones are great. Either the 2001fp, which is a 21" lcd, or some ppl like the widescreen variants, like the 2005fpw or the 2405fpw. You can check them out at dells websites. They are a little pricey, but still usually cheaper than comparable monitors from other manufacturers, but Dell usually runs promotions all the time. Check out the coupon section at www.fatwallet.com (http://www.fatwallet.com) or the forums there, new coupons every week and you should be able to score a monitor for almost half price.

Poldi
12-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Most of the time I 3-table, when I feel very comfortable at a limit or the games are especially good I play a 4th table. I didnt want to max out my tables before I am at the limit I want to stay.
I think not playing more tables helped me a lot to move up as soon as I did, playing more tables hurts your growth imo.
And I guess now that I am at 30 60 I dont want to play more than 4 short tables anyways.
I´m a good multitasker but I dont think its a good choice to max out your tables too early.

MAxx
12-12-2005, 02:26 PM
I one to two table mostly. I think I am awesome at one tabling..........and [censored] at 4 tabling. blah.

Victor
12-12-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I one to two table mostly. I think I am awesome at one tabling..........and [censored] at 4 tabling. blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

im the opposite. i get bored out of my mind with one table and do stupid [censored].

12-12-2005, 03:37 PM
generally 4 table doing a split of 2 tables of shorthanded and 2 tables of full; 3 or 4 SH tables is generally too much to focus on for me. But if certain games are really juicy and horrible, of course I can make an exception to this normal split.

sthief09
12-12-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im the opposite. i get bored out of my mind with one table and do stupid [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. first time i played 50/100, i 1-tabled and one hand i 3-bet J4s because a CO poster open raised. i ended up going a lot of bets semi bluffing a flush draw that was no good to a flopped TPTK and nut flush draw and rivering a 4 and paying off

mperich
12-12-2005, 04:34 PM
I play 6 tables almost always, altho Im hoping to buy the 30" apple cinematic display so I can 8 table with no overlap on 1 monitor. Right now I can do that but on 2 monitors and I get really confused. I dont know if playing 8 will be optimal for me, but I can try =P

Oh yah and as for your resolution questions 1600x1200 for 4 tables no overlap (usually a 20 or 21" lcd, or a good 17" CRT or any 19"+CRT) 1920x1200 for 6 tables and not enough overlap to be a problem at all (this is a widescreen resolution and afaik can only be found on lcds, usually 23 or 24" and getting a bit pricer, but very nice looking /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Mike

baronzeus
12-12-2005, 04:40 PM
i figure out how many tables i can play using this formula

if sum((40-(15-x)), 1, n)>=0, where x is the number of players at table n, then i can play and make the right decisions.

baronzeus
12-12-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im hoping to buy the 30" apple cinematic display so I can 8 table with no overlap on 1 monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf what is the res on this?

mperich
12-12-2005, 04:55 PM
2560x1600 :O Looks AMAZING as far as image quality is concerned, not to mention the size.
Id say you could probably 12 table with a bit of overlap if you wanted to.

-Mike

12-12-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im hoping to buy the 30" apple cinematic display so I can 8 table with no overlap on 1 monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf what is the res on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

2560 x 1600 native, and it requires dual dvi link, which means a good video card

TStoneMBD
12-12-2005, 05:33 PM
dont buy the 30" apple, dell is releasing a 30" 1600x2400 monitor this month and its going to beat the pricing of apple (so i hear).

TStoneMBD
12-12-2005, 05:34 PM
i think you misunderstand what im saying. i think most good players have a tough time moving up to 10/20 because they dont know how to properly handle aggression. once you start playing in games with players who are ruthlessly aggressive the 10/20 games start to feel passive and it gives you a fearless quality.

this is based on my experience because there was a time in which i was a good player who had trouble handling the aggressive 10/20 players.

krishanleong
12-12-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2560x1600 :O Looks AMAZING as far as image quality is concerned, not to mention the size.
Id say you could probably 12 table with a bit of overlap if you wanted to.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know Party has a beta out that allows you to resize windows? 9 tables fits on 1600/1200.

Krishan

mperich
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Ive heard Party Beta has crashing issues. Can you comment on that Krish? I just heard about it today, but I dont have that much info on it, probably time to do a bit of searching. Plus I kinda just want a gigantic monitor /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Mike

donger
12-13-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you want to learn how to crush 10/20 play in some highly aggressive shorthanded games on other sites or on party. you might not be the favorite in them but thats besides the point. the point is that those games are going to make you eat lightning and crap thunder and when you go back to the 10/20 6max youll feel like everyone is a passive idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What games would these be?

imported_ncray
12-13-2005, 07:38 AM
I think tstone brought it up in another thread that he's referring to the Absolute shorthanded games at mid-higher limits. I feel exactly the same way in that it has improved my game quite a lot. You are playing against mostly the same players, a lot of whom are quite solid. It's not unlikely for a 6 handed table to have table vpip/pfr averages of 30/20. They are beatable, just not the fish gardens (comparatively) of party. Fish garden... Maybe I meant fish farm.