PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting to players pissed off by a LAP in shorthanded game

gte910h
07-16-2003, 03:13 PM
I've been in a homegame that's been running for a few months. Its been shorthanded the last month, going between 5-8 people. On monday night, a guy who has started recently, playing poker and playing in our game was playing quite loose-aggressive. He pissed off two of the normally quite cool-headed players because he was hit with the deck and took both of them for a cool chunk of change, making them both stuck.

Now I wasn't really willing to take him on without Cards with a capital C, b/c I knew it was going to cost me dearly. However I didn't quite get how to best play against the now pissed off players.

One of them is pretty damn good, and he went into hyperaggressive mode. I just got good cards, and raised him right back when he tried to push me off the hand. Is there something else I should have done to get more from him?

The other guy was completely demoralized. He was under the type of gloom where "I can't hit anything and my opponent will hit everything". I did act like I hit two flush draws that I didn't when the third of a suit hit the board and we were HU. He folded to both of these, but I'm sure I could have done more to him as well.

What other adjustments would work well here?

And where did the psychology forum go?