PDA

View Full Version : NL tourney - short stacked should I have gone all in?

soxfan70
07-16-2003, 03:13 PM
I have about $525 left, the blinds are $50/$75, and I limp in with K/Jos. One player to my left goes all in, and another calls him. Regardless of the fact that flop came K/8/J, giving me top two pair that would have help up, was I correct to lay down my K/J?

punkass
07-16-2003, 03:44 PM
You are omitting lots of information. How many people are left, what places are paid, what places are paid real money, what kind of players these guys are, what stacks do they have, etc.

Given nothing, I would fold too. I wouldn't have even limped in. KJo or KJs is a dominated hand by anyone who wants to play.

DaNoob
07-16-2003, 03:48 PM
The only time you'd want to push in with this hand is if you are doing the raising or if you are in the BB and calling a desperate short-stack (and not always then either).

The seat you were in, the number of limpers, and other relevant stack sizes would factor heavily into whether or not to play this hand. If I did play it, I'd go all in. Limping with this hand is not a good use of the relatively small stack you have left.

That's my 2 cents on it, I'm sure you'll find differing opinions from the better players in the forum...

Ignatius
07-16-2003, 03:58 PM
> I limp in with K/Jo
Muck or move in (only if you're in late pos. and it has been folded to you). You don't want to invest 1/7 of you stack on a hand you would have to laydown if raised (which you correctly did).