PDA

View Full Version : blind hand that always comes up.. how much do i bet?

12-11-2005, 10:05 PM
i have been playing mostly $5 and $10 sngs for about a year now, and i am confident in my reading ability, but this hand seems to always come up and i never know how to play it.

mostly it will be 1-2 limpers into my big or small blind with we'll say K6, and the flop comes down 688. I feel like if i bet too much and get called, i always check fold the hand down, if i make a probing bet the fish call with nearly any two and i have no clue where im at, and if i check the flop i give 3 people a free shot on a draw heavy flop. i was just wondering how you guys played these flops?

tewall
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Make a play at the pot. Hope to take it down. If not, hope someone calls and it gets checked down. If someone makes an idiotic small bet on a later street (like 1/10th of the pot), call it. If they show real strength, get out.

You can't check this and let someone have a free card. There's a good chance you have the best hand, so bet it. If someone calls your bet, and they later bet you off your hand, it's no big deal. You don't have that good a hand and you're OOP. At least you took a shot.

11t
12-11-2005, 10:51 PM
check/fold.