PDA

View Full Version : Top Set on Flush Board - Line Check

LostMyCaseMoney
12-11-2005, 10:04 PM
A friend/guy I'm kind of teaching said he didn't love the way I played it but couldn't really tell me anything wrong. I think I played this well but figured I'd get you guys to give me a line check.

50+5 tournament but it's generally a very weak field who win there way in from the $3R and $5 sattelites.

Blinds 10/20 and all players have roughly 1500.

I'm dealt T /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gifin the BB.
Folded to CO-1 who raises to 70. Player is an unknown but hasn't got involved so far in the first 10 odd hands.
CO who a friend told me is LAG/donk calls.

The hand ranges I have them on:
Raiser: AK-AQ are far and away most likely in my eyes, AA-QQ after that, 77-JJ, KTs-JTs, KQ.
CO: 22-99, AT-KT, 34s-9Ts

I consider re-raising and pushing a low flop but decide I don't know if CO-1 would push AK and decided it best to just take a flop. The flop comes:

T /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero: Check
CO-1: Check
CO: Bets 60
Hero: Calls
CO-1: Raises 60 to 120.
CO: Calls

I checked this flop because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do and decided to see if they'd give me any info. When the raiser checked I was very suspicous he didn't lead and suspected he hit a flush. CO betting so little meant nothing because she'd bet anything checked to her in last position. When the CO-1 minraised I was sure he had the A high flush. See what I mean about a weak field?

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero: Bets 100
CO-1: Raises 125 to 225
CO: Folds

I lead out because I think he'd check to the CO who would bet and I feared a big checkraise from CO-1. Based on the checkraise minbet on the flop though I didn't think he'd make a big reraise if I led out and scare away the CO.

River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero: Bets 200
CO-1: Raises 885 (all-in) to 1085

CO-1 shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif for an A-high flush
CO-1 says: bullsh!t

I don't think it really mattered how I played the river since I think he would have gone all-in no matter what but was sure he'd come over the top and that leading was better then check-raising just incase. The small bet was just because I was sure he'd come over the top and was worried a big bet might make he think about the paired board.

I think I played this well and wouldn't have posted it if my friend didn't give me an iffy response to what he thought. Should I have played it differently?

doubledummy
12-11-2005, 10:55 PM
you are about 1 in 3 to make the boat if you give him the Ace of hearts. which means your risking about 350 chips post flop to win about 2000-2100 chips. seems to be good odds to me.

Cant see you getting more chips into the pot than that and other than check calling the turn, which may encourage a bigger bet from C0-1 what else can you do. Folding is giving up the chance to build a decent stack.

Now if villian had raised harder (say 400 more) on the turn with 10 outs you might have a decision to make.