PDA

View Full Version : Umm... You sure your 3 betting?

Hybrid_11
12-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Bothy typical semi-loose players nothing notably strange from either villains

--flop : no real issue since im not looking to do much but it gets checked thru

--turn : thougth it was the card i needed, simple call probably bad play but at the time maybe an overcall with a raise on the river but then things get twisted ... Whats my action after the 3 bet?

--river : my play really awkward here?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (1.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (10.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Jake (The Snake)
12-11-2005, 09:27 PM
The turn is unacceptable... raise raise raise raise raise raise raise and raise some more. You clearly have the best hand, and these guys will enjoy calliing you, so oblige.

W. Deranged
12-11-2005, 09:36 PM
1. Raise pre-flop. Small pairs in position play much better heads-up than in a 3 or 4 way pot, which is what you'll likely get by limping here. In earlier position, I'd limp behind one limper to hope to build a big pot, but in the CO or button it becomes unlikely you'll get the five-way action you want for set value. So to find value in this hand you need to raise to increase the percentage of the time your hand holds up unimproved and to build some fold equity on scary boards.

2. Flop is fine. Had you raised pre-flop, following through with a bet three-handed would be correct as you'll often take down the pot uncontested, and the pot would be bigger and worth fighting for. As it stands, I'd bet here sometimes as well if my opponents liked to fold a lot.

3. Raise the turn. Listen to Jake.

goofball
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Raising raising just keep raising.

silkyslim
12-11-2005, 10:13 PM
4 bet the turn fold to a 5 bet.

12-11-2005, 11:35 PM
The only reason you shouldn't be raising this turn is if you ran out of chips.

Mvcode3
12-12-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this serious?

Nick C
12-12-2005, 01:44 AM
Strange hand. It's as if everyone was either slowplaying on the flop (and I guess possibly preflop) or trying to buy the pot on thet turn.

I think you should cap the turn. (Also, you should raise the first time around, I think. BB probably doesn't have anything worth calling with anyway.)

On the river, I'll admit I would be scared.

I guess MP2 had A5? Q /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif? KK? Hell, I don't know, but it looks like you won (unless MP2 got scared and called you down with 55).

TheHip41
12-12-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

PokerBob
12-12-2005, 04:16 AM
i fold preflop

Frogic
12-12-2005, 06:10 AM
I agree with pokerbob, with one limper raising 44 looks pretty bad unless the blinds are super tight and the limper is playing fit or fold on every flop. I limp with 2+ limpers, and raise with 0 here if the blinds are tight(fold if they are loose).

Frogic

ErrantNight
12-12-2005, 08:46 AM
just raise the freakin' turn. since you didn't, cap it when it comes back around.

KHALI
12-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Is it just me or do you guys not like the preflop call? I find myslef folding this here a lot of times and if I do play it I raise it and play the late limper heads up with position(blinds are tight).

3 handed is anybody betting this flop? No strength shown yet by anybody so fire a bet and if called I can check turn unless I improve and see river for 1/2 bet. Don't think that is too out of line obviously player dependent.If I get raised I can fold. Any thought on this line?
Turn raise.