PDA

View Full Version : A2s, screwplay attempt

hobbsmann
12-11-2005, 07:17 PM
foxwoods 20/40 this weekend. Haven't been at the table for too long, but it appears to be a good east coast game where players are too passive in general.

UTG limps, I limp A /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif MP1, MP2 limps, MP3 limps, CO limps, blinds come along.

Flop (7 sb) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
checked to me and I bet, MP2 raises, MP3 cold calls, CO cold calls, I 3-bet, everybody calls.

Turn (9.5 bb) Q /images/graemlins/club.gif
I check....

CardSharpCook
12-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Tricksy plays are so stupid. I suffered from the same desease last night when I didn't cap KK SH PF, because, I thought, if I did....they'd know...

hobbsmann
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tricksy plays are so stupid. I suffered from the same desease last night when I didn't cap KK SH PF, because, I thought, if I did....they'd know...

[/ QUOTE ]
It is tricky, but this guy has a Q here so often. Given the chance to check raise the field here is just too good to pass up considering even the nittiest of live players won't check trips if checked to.

W. Deranged
12-11-2005, 08:48 PM
If there's a good situation, this would seem to be it. All the lower flushes and any Q now have hands that pretty much have to bet if checked to. You may get lucky and get three or more bets in from multiple players if a Q bets and is raised by a smaller flush.

daryn
12-12-2005, 04:26 AM
i don't like it because of the card that paired.. the Q. looks too shady here