PDA

View Full Version : L3: AJ hand ($33)

Scuba Chuck
12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Do you think this call is bad?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button (t1845)
SB (t1120)
BB (t1165)
UTG (t780)
MP1 (t1480)
MP2 (t700)
Hero (t910)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t125, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t350) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t225, SB is allin, hero calls.

Maulik
12-11-2005, 07:08 PM
nope -- I'd be done with it and be in alright shape still given the chips you still have.

I would bet larger here committing myself and the villain could be pushing w/ a FD which would be frustrating...

tewall
12-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Why would you want to commit yourself if you're willing to get away from the hand?

Scuba Chuck
12-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Here were my thoughts at the time.

AA
There's a slim, slim chance he has played AA this way.

AQ/KQ
If he has KQ, I think he leads this flop. In my experience, KQ does not want to check here, especially because if it gets checked behind. AQ, sometimes checks here, but again, I think both of these hands lead.

If he has 88, this is precisely how I think he plays this. He's got me if this is his hand.

JJ
Again, if he has JJ, great. I think there's a good chance JJ reraises me here pf, but may just flat call. Again, c/r is certainly his plan of attack.

QQ
I seriously doubt QQ just flat calls preflop. I'm eliminating this hand. I'm sure I'll be told it's a mistake to do so, but I think it's rare.

QJ
This is how QJ plays this hand.

Draws:
Flush draw, and straight draw heavy board. I've said this in other posts, this c/r really feels like a draw to me. I don't know how to assign probabilities, but at this point, I assign this the highest probability. Straight draw hands are AK and KT.

TJ
I am seperating this hand from the above group. I think there's little chance TJ plays it this way. I think TJ is more likely to lead the flop. That being said, villain may read my bet to be weak, and c/r allin, thinking I might fold.

Completed straight: 9T
I think this generally folds preflop.

All in all, I think again, I'm ahead here more than I am behind. I think that I am more inclined to call hands like this on the weekends rather than during the week. Weekend is very loose, bluff and semi-bluff heavy. Anyway, isn't this the whole point of beting less than pot?

If anyone cares to, I'd like to hear rebuttals.