PDA

View Full Version : So Party turned off individual trackers...?

jmillerdls
12-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I've talked with several affiliates who have said the individual trackers have now been turned off for several days on Party and apparently are not coming back.
I haven't signed up my for my new account as of yet, but I'm assuming this makes it pointless to wait now. Guess everyone got one month. Did Party do this intentionally? Get our hopes up...then take it away, like they did before?

12-11-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've talked with several affiliates who have said the individual trackers have now been turned off for several days on Party and apparently are not coming back.
I haven't signed up my for my new account as of yet, but I'm assuming this makes it pointless to wait now. Guess everyone got one month. Did Party do this intentionally? Get our hopes up...then take it away, like they did before?

[/ QUOTE ]Since there is no rakeback on Party, there is no reason for individual trackers, except for marketing and promotional reasons. I guess it just wasn't enough for Party to just ask their affiliates to comply with this and expect them to, so removing the numbers was the next step.

Party has no objection to affiliates rewarding their players, but they cannot do it based on rake or MGR. Creative affiliates will always find a way to give incentives and stay within the terms of Party. The snowball tournament is one example. We are in the process of notifying our higher limit players of a new program starting after the first of the year, and I am sure there are other affiliates who have other programs in place that do not violate Partys policy.

stillbr
12-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Can any affiliates confirm this?

teddyFBI
12-12-2005, 09:40 PM
don't know

12-12-2005, 09:48 PM
I started a small affiliate program at Party towards the end of October. I've never had individual tracking.

mperich
12-12-2005, 10:56 PM
i can still see my trackers but I only have 3, plus i dont do rakeback so I have no idea.

-Mike

WalkAmongUs
12-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Post deleted by morgant

PauliF
12-13-2005, 11:14 AM
gonna tell us what it is?

siccjay
12-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Post deleted by morgant

emonrad87
12-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Post deleted by morgant

morgant
12-13-2005, 04:28 PM
i am going to start banning people for making a post that says 'i am affiliate'

why are you guys quoting other posts saying i can see my trackers? does that serve any function except promoting that you offer party rakeback?

12-13-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why are you guys quoting other posts saying i can see my trackers? does that serve any function except promoting that you offer party rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once there are a certain number of trackers with one player each, a flag goes up and they might get blocked. I don't think saying they can see their trackers means they are offering rakeback. I do think that if affiliates spent as much time on marketing and promotions as they do on thinking about how to sneak a player past Party for rakeback, everyone would probably be better off.

siccjay
12-13-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, I did it to answer a question. I do not offer rakeback. Don't be a nit.

1p0kerb0y
12-13-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't be a nit.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

morgant
12-14-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i can still see my trackers

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, nit ways ceasing. now does me quoting that about myself add to this thread?

flair1239
12-14-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can still see my trackers

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, nit ways ceasing. now does me quoting that about myself add to this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it makes me think that you may be running a covert rakeback program.

12-15-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be interested to know why 2+2 has such a deep interest in stopping party rakeback.

morgant
12-15-2005, 01:43 PM
a) i am not associated with twoplustwo. this forum is run independantly of them

b) i am an affiliate, i am the last person who wants party rakeback to come unglued

c) the post i was referring to ads nothing to the thread, except announce that the poster has individual tracking(which if one thinks about) stating he can provide rb(i jumped to a conclusion saying that he does, my bad). the first response saying, i have stats is fine. but then another poster says it, what does that add to this thread, i can only assume he wants us to know. why does he want us to know........

d) making posts about the state of party rb only hinders its lifespan as party reads this forum.

e) what comes after veteran? poo-bah? when do i get that status?

Sniper
12-15-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
e) what comes after veteran? poo-bah? when do i get that status?

[/ QUOTE ]

Titles (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/faq.php?Cat=0#titles)

morgant
12-15-2005, 01:52 PM
gracias!

shameless post for poo-bah status

Exsubmariner
12-15-2005, 02:43 PM
" I do think that if affiliates spent as much time on marketing and promotions as they do on thinking about how to sneak a player past Party for rakeback, everyone would probably be better off. "

I think once Stars hits the street with their VIP program, everyone will be better off.

Love,
X