PDA

View Full Version : I just sat down

eckoo
07-16-2003, 12:17 PM
.5/1 PP, rather loose, for 1 sec I thought I was in party.

I am BB, I get A /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif
Folds to UTG+2 who raises, MP calls, LP re-raises, SB folds, I call.

FLOP: [ A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ]
It gets check to the 3-bettor, he bets, I raise, every one calls???? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

TURN: [ A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif ] [ T /forums/images/icons/club.gif ]
I bet, call, call, raise, we all call.

RIVER: [ A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif ] [ 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif ]
Checked around.

My hand is good.

UTG+1: K/forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif
MP: 4 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif
LP: A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

How did I do?

SirFoldsAlot
07-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Well Played, I would have put LP on AXs or high kicker after LP didn't reraise on the turn. Either way you you had him beat or your were chopping.

I would have figured the UTG+1 missed the flop and maybe was playing a low pocket pair or connectors

MP by just calling is probably beat.

I would have probably played it the same way that early after i sat down. A little later I might have bet on the river after knowing my opponents stlyes better

hutz
07-16-2003, 12:48 PM
I think you played it fine. If someone raises on the turn after your show of aggression, I think just calling the raise and checking the river blank is appropriate. By the way, WTF was UTG+1 thinking?!

Dynasty
07-16-2003, 01:28 PM
On the turn, you should 3-bet to drive out the two other opponents. You can't get scared and worry about being beaten. You've got to muster the courage and force your opponents to either fold their 4-5 outers or call two more bets cold. AK will be good on this uncoordinated flop most of the time.

hutz: If someone raises on the turn after your show of aggression, I think just calling the raise and checking the river blank is appropriate.

That's a major leak. You can't start playing scared simply because you've been raised post-flop once.

eckoo
07-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have problems 3-betting with TP/TK. When most people raise on .5/1, I put them on 2 pairs or above.

Bob T.
07-16-2003, 03:02 PM
When it gets checked to you on the river, I think that you can bet.

Joe Tall
07-16-2003, 03:13 PM
I like the preflop-cold-call then check raise the flop play but don't lay off on the turn 3-bet, if LP caps then you can lay off.

Bob T.
07-16-2003, 03:14 PM
As usual, after reading Dynasty's post, I want to change my answer. Three betting the turn is correct, for the reasons that he listed.