PDA

View Full Version : Sex in shared living spaces

MyTurn2Raise
12-11-2005, 05:03 PM
OK...so that post about the guy catching his roommate and roommate's gf together got me thinking....

I've shared apartments with numerous people (all men) in the past and nearly all of them stated that sex with females in shared spaces (living room couch, bathrooms, office, kitchen table, balcony, etc) was forbidden.

I, of course, never acknowledged the existence of these rules. I figured if my roommates had the chance to nail a girl on the kitchen counter, they would've done it too.

I remember one roommate in particular was pissed because he correctly assumed that my lady friend and I had sex in the apartment's 'black room,' a room painted completely black with some posters in it for tripping. Another was pissed because he correctly assumed that I was with a lady in the shower that we all shared.

My questions:
Do any men actually respect these 'rules'?
Are my roommates correct in getting pissy over these situations?
Am I a dick based on these instances?
If so, why do I not feel bad in the least?

IggyWH
12-11-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My questions:
Do any men actually respect these 'rules'?
Are my roommates correct in getting pissy over these situations?
Am I a dick based on these instances?
If so, why do I not feel bad in the least?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)No, but we should.

2)Yes, but also you shouldn't get "woman pissy". Just a quick bitch will do since it won't change anything.

3)Yes, but I'd venture to say we are all dicks for more reaons than just banging in shared areas.

4)Because you know they'd do it if they were about to get some snatch too.

12-11-2005, 05:06 PM
It's just like pissing in the sink. If people don't know about it, they'd never notice. But if they knew you did it, they'd freak out.

It's fine, just don't let them become aware of it.

LBJ
12-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Men do not respect these rules. You're roomates are incorrect for getting pissy. They would do the same thing. You're not a dick, you like pussy, it's all good. You shouldn't feel bad, so don't.

Clarkmeister
12-11-2005, 05:09 PM
In college, there are no rules. If you need to bang a chick in your roommates bed, you do so, and he must let you. However, once out of college the "keep it within your own bedroom only" rules take precedence.

soko
12-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Just as long as they aren't having sex on anything that belongs to me and disinfect anything they have sex on then I don't give a crap.

Why do people take sex so damn seriously anyways, if you live with guys, sex should be understood that it's going to happen, why else do you live on your own? Might as well just live with your mommy.

MyTurn2Raise
12-11-2005, 05:16 PM
yes...these were all in college living environments

I'm 26 now and still think I'd do the same given the chances

Boris
12-11-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's just like pissing in the sink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I though I was the only one that did this.

B Rad
12-11-2005, 05:18 PM
He was pissed that you had sex in the shower? What a [censored] knob.

slickpoppa
12-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Sex in the shower I can see, but if you have your own bedroom, why would you need to bang a girl anywhere else? Whatever minor benefit there is to having sex in the living room I think is outweighed by the disrespect to your roommates.

Clarkmeister
12-11-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes...these were all in college living environments

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything goes.

MyTurn2Raise
12-11-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sex in the shower I can see, but if you have your own bedroom, why would you need to bang a girl anywhere else? Whatever minor benefit there is to having sex in the living room I think is outweighed by the disrespect to your roommates.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm....very good point
my red herring counter

I commonly went for girls with low self-esteem. It was fun to get them to do different things in different places. It was very beneficial to me to try and control them, make demands of them, and then tell them how great they were for about a day before the next set of demands. Clearly, things like having sex on my living room couch where my roommates might walk in at anytime was nice for my metagame strategy.

Now, for some of that, I'm clearly a dick. Oh well...I got laid a bunch more than I should have.

nothumb
12-11-2005, 06:10 PM
In my college and immediately post-college living spaces it was basically assumed that these things happen, but when you do the nasty in shared spaces you risk having your nastiness shared with others.

For instance, one night I had a lady friend over and was getting some action on the fold-out couch while watching a movie. My housemates were not around. While my lady friend was in the restroom someone broke into my house and cut me with a chef's knife, a bit of a scene ensued, and long story short we left and did not return that night. (this event has been discussed in the past and it's not immediately relevant anyway...)

When I came back the next day, my roommate had nailed this girl's panties and bra to the wall and left me a note chiding me for my sloppiness. Strangely enough he did not remark upon the fact that I had bled all over the foldout couch. Maybe he thought I was a bit kinky? Dunno.

Moral of the story is, sex in shared spaces has its risks, but certainly has its place in college life.

NT

Guyon
12-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Making a big deal out of things mentioned above makes you a powertool...and powertools should blatantly be disrespected for their lack of a backbone and/or sense of humor.

In the dorms, we had a pissing in the sink clause that called for a thorough rinse out for times were we were just too damn lazy to use the hall bathroom.

12-11-2005, 06:44 PM
They only make these rules in order to try and keep you from having sex on the same kitchen table that they are having sex on.

DcifrThs
12-11-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In college, there are no rules. If you need to bang a chick in your roommates bed, you do so, and he must let you or he gets made fun of by everyone else and given [censored] till the year is over...OR if he doesn't let you, you do it anyways and tell the other roomates except him . However, once out of college the "keep it within your own bedroom only" rules take precedence.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. college was fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barron

gamblore99
12-11-2005, 07:00 PM
shower and living room are very different. Shower no problem.
I don't see any reason why a guy cant just take it to his room. Ya you don't wanna get in the way of your buddies getting laid, but I don't know any girls who prefer the living room over the bedroom. Maybe to spice things up in a relationship, but then the guy is already getting laid and shouldn't be using my living room.

If a housemate did, I wouldn't really be pissed though.

InchoateHand
12-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Wouldn't the story of the orgy in our kitchen work a bit better for this thread? Especially considering none of the participants actually lived in the house?

PokerFink
12-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Shower is 100% ok. It's not like any guys wash their shower in college, that thing is dirty anyway.

Couch is 100% ok if you share your bedroom.

Any counter area is 100% ok if you clean it afterwards.

If you have your own bedroom, you should probably be doing it in there. But your roomates have no right to get pissy over it; that's what girls do. Anyone who gets pissy is a little bitch.

I've given my keys to a buddy so he could go to my room and get some. Thats what friends do.

12-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Your roommates were just jealous you were getting some so they had to make a stink about it. I would have done it on the counter every time just to piss 'em off.

man
12-11-2005, 07:59 PM
but sex is so much more fun when you're breaking the rules. in fact, I would insist that these rules be made in my apartment, just so that I can break them. in conclusion, you shouldn't feel guilty, and you should be praised for your audacity.

Mvcode3
12-11-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another was pissed because he correctly assumed that I was with a lady in the shower that we all shared

[/ QUOTE ]

This came up with a housemate of mine just last week. No one was pissed, but we did make him clean the shower+bathroom afterwards.

nothumb
12-11-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't the story of the orgy in our kitchen work a bit better for this thread? Especially considering none of the participants actually lived in the house?

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but this was not surprising given A) the participants and B) the circumstances... what went on in the kitchen was pretty vanilla and they did take it back to their own abodes relatively expeditiously.

NT

irishpint
12-11-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another was pissed because he correctly assumed that I was with a lady in the shower that we all shared

[/ QUOTE ]

This came up with a housemate of mine just last week. No one was pissed, but we did make him clean the shower+bathroom afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i haven't cleaned anything yet seth. and if you know the other places we did it you probably would kill me. so i'll just throw that out there and see what happens.

Mvcode3
12-11-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i haven't cleaned anything yet seth. and if you know the other places we did it you probably would kill me. so i'll just throw that out there and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I dont even want to know, its like pissing in the sink Id be pissed if i saw it but you could be doing it and I'd have no idea. Mabye we will make you buy a plastic covering for the couches. Or we could always neuter(sp?) you.

pokerjoker
12-11-2005, 10:17 PM
If the guy is drunk there is a 0% chance they will respect these rules.
If not drunk maybe 20%.

Kitchen sex is really the only one that should bother anyone IMO. Like I don't wanna get herpies from a borrito I made on the counter that someone I lived with banged a slutty girl on.