PDA

View Full Version : $600nl: QQ turn decision

AllIn3High
12-11-2005, 04:22 PM
$600NL on UB, 5 handed.

Preflop:
UTG($1072) limps, MP folds, Button($947) raises pot to $27, I call in the SB w/ Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (3 players, pot $87)

I bet $87, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif - 4/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players, pot $261)
I bet $150, Button pushes all-in ($550 for me to call)

Button is 27/13.71/2.86 after 175 hands, I have no definite postflop read on him yet but he seems good and aggressive.

How is my play up to this point (most importantly) and do I call all-in here (also important, but not as much)?

A few notes, I normally 3-bet here preflop but the table wasn't right for it this time (I would lose a big pot, win a small one). If he has any reads on me he most likely puts me on a good diamond draw, top 2, overpair (not that likely), other hands / good 9 not that likely either.

Comments?

Bukem_
12-11-2005, 04:33 PM
I would never use this line, unless I was planning on calling the push.

I don't like using my money to find out if my hand is good while giving my opponent info, and gaining very little for myself.

AllIn3High
12-11-2005, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never use this line, unless I was planning on calling the push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.... maybe i've underrepresented my hand and need to call.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like using my money to find out if my hand is good while giving my opponent info, and gaining very little for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

So which line do you suggest? c/c turn, block river? c/r turn all-in?

12-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Does a $27 PFR sound like 88, 99, or A,4suited?
A reraise preflop, by you, which was just called by villain,would indicate that somewhat.
IMO fold.
PS: I know about "the table wasn't right for a reraise, "but in the end "there are no short cuts" are there??

AllIn3High
12-11-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does a $27 PFR sound like 88, 99, or A,4suited?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a potsized raise, any hand he wants to raise in that spot (and I imagine it's quite a few hands, including the mentioned hands along w/ JTs, 67s etc) he raises pot with.

[ QUOTE ]
A reraise preflop, by you, which was just called by villain,would indicate that somewhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

A preflop re-raise by me would be to $96. If he calls that the pot will be $207 on the flop and I'll be OOP - and most likely screwed if he gives me any action. I think in that spot I would much rather have KK,AA, AK or complete air - not JJ or QQ. But maybe i'm fscked up.