PDA

View Full Version : KTs Great Flop, Turn ?

12-11-2005, 12:45 PM
2/4 6max at UB. Game is pretty LAGgy at the time. The two blinds seem to be at war, and both have shown down some questionable hands given the action. Hero is Button with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Preflop: UTG limps, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop:(12 SB) 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero raises, all 3 call

Turn:(10 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif SB checks, <font color="red"> BB Bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero?

It's obvious I'm going to continue, but does anybody raise?

12-11-2005, 01:05 PM
I raise.

TheHip41
12-11-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2/4 6max at UB. Game is pretty LAGgy at the time. The two blinds seem to be at war, and both have shown down some questionable hands given the action. Hero is Button with K /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Preflop: UTG limps, MP folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop:(12 SB) 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero raises, all 3 call

Turn:(10 BB) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif SB checks, <font color="red"> BB Bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero?

It's obvious I'm going to continue, but does anybody raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this player is a good player, he's betting with the intention of 3-betting. Which means you are behind. I can't see how your Top Pair/Decent Kicker is ever ahead here given the action. Since UTG fold, I'd be more inclided to just call, let the button overcall, and try to spike a /images/graemlins/spade.gif

If the river was a non pairing spade, I raise, if it's a pairing /images/graemlins/spade.gif, T, or K, just call the river bet.

12-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I did raise, SB called 2 cold, BB 3-bet, and we both called.

River(19 BB):5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, BB bets, I raise, SB folds, BB calls and drops the f bomb a few times.

Results(Final Pot 23 BB):
SB has 45o for a turned straight, MHIG.

I realized that I was likely behind the donk turn bet, but thought that raising could possible knock out the SB. However, he's not folding a better hand or draw than mine and if he is behind I want him to call. I guess I should've called the turn. Whoops!

damaniac
12-11-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah knocking out the player behind you when you are usually behind another player that isn't folding isn't wise, especially when most of your outs are going to beat whatever they both have.

UCLAseetoK
12-11-2005, 07:51 PM
post this in shorthanded forum instead