PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report - Medieval Times

samjjones
12-11-2005, 12:40 PM
OK, wife works for an animal hospital, and they had their annual Christmas party at Medieval Times in Lyndhurst, NJ last night. Needless to say, I was not looking forward to this. If you can get past the obvious cheesiness of the whole thing, you can actually have a good time here. Of course, the 22 oz. Yeungling drafts probably helped a bit. Food is meh, but the horse trotting and jousting bits were pretty cool. Actually had a lot more sword fighting than I would have imagined, too...and they fought to the "death", which was fun. All-in-all, I'd say the overall entertainment value was similar to a well-run WWE live show. Saw lots of smiles on kids faces.

deacsoft
12-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Word.

fyodor
12-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Went to one once for the start of a stag. We had a bus and went from there to several bars.

One thing I remember from the MT dinner was horses pooping in the dirt and horses kicking dirt up into the stands as the ran by. I think we all got horse poop in our food. I don't think that affected the quality of the food though.

Luv2DriveTT
12-11-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that affected the quality of the food though.

[/ QUOTE ]

classic

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

samjjones
12-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Yeah, we sat in the top most row, and I'm not sure if it was just our row or what, but during the show, we were sitting in almost complete darkness. I'm kinda glad I couldn't see the food.