PDA

View Full Version : carjacked w/glock nine.

bad beetz
07-16-2003, 04:30 AM
AJ's $15/$30.

I have J9o in the BB. Ok Player limps first in. ULTRAMEGAFISHYloosefishwhale who is not good at poker and plays too many hands and sucks real bad (We'll call him player A) limps on button. SB (hakee) throws a chip in, I knuckle.

Flop comes Q85 with two clubs. I have no clubs.

SB checks. I check. OK player bets. A calls. SB folds. I fold.

comments?

Ed Miller
07-16-2003, 04:38 AM
I would often bet that flop. In this situation, my choice would almost completely depend on the tendencies of Player A. If he is likely to call on the flop with all sorts of hands, then I would be less likely to bet here.

DanS
07-16-2003, 04:40 AM
Dave,

1) Is this a trick question?
2) There's gotta be some super gigantic freakin' mega fish for a game routinely populated by you, Ulysses, Tommy, Jen, Sucker, and haakee to be good.

Seriously, though, you're out of position, getting 6-1 on a 11-1 shot, or 14-1 if there's clubs out there. You and all the fancy plays in the world couldn't make up the difference if/when you hit a 10. Which reminds me... is this a trick question?

Dan

Ed Miller
07-16-2003, 05:41 AM
That AJ's 15-30 game was pretty sweet the few days that I played it.

Tyler Durden
07-16-2003, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a good fold. Three clean outs.

bad beetz
07-16-2003, 12:00 PM
one player in the hand plays any two card to the river every time regardless of bet size (I'm not joking), and will call the river with any pair or ace-high. this is why I didn't bet the flop. I think I should have called, though.

bad beetz
07-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Both the Jack and Nine may be drawing live. also, my implied odds are big with the superfish in the hand.

bad beetz
07-16-2003, 12:09 PM
yah. it was pretty sweet last night too.

The problem is that it's gone from 2- 2+2'ers (Ulysses and Tommy, maybe jen I don’t know how long she's been playing that particular game) to like, 7.

Ulysses, Sucker, Jen, Tommy, me, hakee, and a big list of players who, while too loose, are still very, very good.

But there are some absolutely abysmal players too.

I look at the game sometimes and say to myself, "that's a good game," or "that game is tough,"

Ulysses will always tell you, "this game is perfect. everyone sucks." no matter who is in it.

haakee
07-16-2003, 01:57 PM
I agree with majorkong. Player A was superloose so checking is probably correct here. Player A took down the pot with runner-runner straight. I think he had K7o or some crap (the flop was actually Q86 -- I had T6 and folded. Turn was a T, river was a 9).

jen
07-16-2003, 08:40 PM
I only reguarly played that game in May and June of this year. I don't know about you guys, but aside from Ulysses, I have hardly spent any actual table time with 2+2ers (though this is unintentional -- maybe the other 2+2ers just have better things to do on Friday nights).

I think AJ's main game will be tough at times, but I've never seen a must-move there that wasn't pretty great.

elysium
07-17-2003, 12:07 AM
hi bad
very good fold. when you fold in these situations, never make a considered laydown. never look at your cards and think long and hard. just simply quickly muck. say something like 'eechhkkk fooey, did i ever miss'. no one will then likely read you for J9.

Ulysses
07-17-2003, 09:32 PM
Ulysses, Sucker, Jen, Tommy, me, hakee, and a big list of players who, while too loose, are still very, very good.

Phew, I've been very lucky. I have something like 800 hours in that game and have managed to avoid running into any of those very, very good players so far. Do me a favor and point them out to me next time we're there - I don't want to be matched up against them!!!

Seriously, (not counting any 2+2ers) I think there are 2 or 3 legitimately tough regulars in the game. There are another 10-15 guys who are solid, tight players - but predictable. What sometimes makes the game pretty challenging, though, is there are a number of guys (10-15?) who are just incredible way, way overaggressive. When you have just two guys in the game who will 3- and 4-bet the turn with a big draw, it's definitely a tougher (though very profitable) game to play.

One free tip for you. When Tom J walks over like he did the other evening, takes a look at the lineup and says "This game is no good, I'm going to the Oaks" it's a good time to avoid the game! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyway, I do think you're right that the game is getting tougher, though. This week I'm only averaging 9BB/hr. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Yeah, I'm running good.