PDA

View Full Version : How much do you smoke?

12-11-2005, 10:02 AM
I'll break this poll down to two categories: cigarettes and weed. I will not include crack b/c crack is whack. I'd enjoy an opium story or two though (never tried it)...

Edit: Include some funny weed stories you've been in, I'll try to think of a couple, but most involve the police for some reason.

dankhank
12-11-2005, 10:04 AM
the first two people who voted in this are both major potheads

12-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Yup, I'm one of them, been smoking weed on and off for around 8 years maybe (I'm 22). I've been smoking cigs for 3 or 4 years, but I've been really bad the past year or two and wish I could quit. I wonder if I'll ever grow out of weed...

philnewall
12-11-2005, 10:47 AM
weed sux big fat hairy donkey balls.

12-11-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
weed sux big fat hairy donkey balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never knew an herb could have gay human tendencies. What do cigarettes do? Crack?

InchoateHand
12-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Nobody else here smokes cigarettes? Thats [censored] weak.

12-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Has anyone ever smoked "salvia"? It looks a bit like weed but is actually a psychadelic drug.

A couple of yrs ago my gf at the time told me about it, so I got some at the local head-shop (it's legal in Florida,) and I remember the chick working at the store saying to be very careful with the stuff and it causes an "intense psychadelic experience." It came in two different potencies, and like a nooB I chose the stronger one. It's meant to be smoked out of a bong and lit by a torch lighter (this is what I was told.)

So I went over to my then gf's place to try it out with her and her 2 roomies. I had never experimented with any psychadelic drug before this, so I thought like an idiot I wouldn't get high the first time, kinda like that urban myth about weed. One hit of this stuff and I was gone, like right after I exhaled. I put the bong down and it duplicated itself into like 50 and they all created a circle and rotated like a ferris wheel.

The first couple of minutes were the most intense, but the high lasted probably 15 minutes, and I really didn't like it at all, kinda having a panic attack in the process. I was more worried about how it'd affect my gf than what it was doing to me, so I was all like "omg are you ok" and just freaking out altogether. Out of the four of us who tried it, I definitely got the worst of it, but I remember them just getting kinda giggly, didn't really look like they were "tripping."

JonPKibble
12-11-2005, 11:44 AM
This thread includes no option for former smokers.

JonPKibble
12-11-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by weak you mean smart, then yes.

InchoateHand
12-11-2005, 11:47 AM
No, by weak I meant [censored] weak, so I guess thats a no. You can answer your own question however you like. [censored] weak.

12-11-2005, 11:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread includes no option for former smokers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't have smoked that bowl right before I posted this...good point.

Just assume you're still smoking and simply choose how many times you tried to quit before you actually did.

Congrats if you did in fact quit

12-11-2005, 11:50 AM
BTW, any Vegas locals reading this post that are potheads, I am in need of some right now. Everyone I know here either is out, doesn't have anything good, or has stuff too good to sell.

Anyone want to smoke up, PM me.

12-11-2005, 11:57 AM
I will be in vegas in about 5 days I think. I don't intend to smuggle anything (straight up stupid, marijuana is EVERYWHERE) but please PM me as well if you got the hook up (or if you are nice enough to show me a good time)...I'm going with my family and need something to do besides sitting at the p*ker table.

12-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Sure thing, I usually toke up with some of the players that play regularly at Wynn during "breaks." We just hotbox one of our cars in the parking garage. It's been dry lately though, hence my looking for some /images/graemlins/frown.gif

JonPKibble
12-11-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, by weak I meant [censored] weak, so I guess thats a no. You can answer your own question however you like. [censored] weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

So lemme get this straight. Not smoking cigarettes = weak?

That makes about as much sense as Phillip Morris Inc. trying to convince people to stop smoking.

InchoateHand
12-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Wellavu gotten it straight? Let me amend my comment in light of your brilliant thoughts on social services:

Nonsmokers are smart, except JonPKibble, who is [censored] weak.

Happy now?

12-11-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure thing, I usually toke up with some of the players that play regularly at Wynn during "breaks." We just hotbox one of our cars in the parking garage. It's been dry lately though, hence my looking for some /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

"sweeeet"

JonPKibble
12-11-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wellavu gotten it straight? Let me amend my comment in light of your brilliant thoughts on social services:

Nonsmokers are smart, except JonPKibble, who is [censored] weak.

Happy now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame.

12-11-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If by weak you mean smart, then yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So lemme get this straight. Not smoking cigarettes = weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily speaking for myself but implying smoking cigarettes is stupid is ignorant (unless you mean stupid in a strictly health sense.) Some people have an enormous amount of stress in their lives and cigarettes may help them relieve it. Also, what about people truly peer pressured into smoking or people that grew up around it and smoke because of that? They may now see it is "stupid" in a health sense but are addicted and have tried everything in attempts to quit. I have a hard time believing you are smarter than the next man because you don't smoke cigs.

12-11-2005, 01:05 PM
hmmm...you didn't leave an option for anyone who's smoked and then quit

evil_twin
12-11-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people have an enormous amount of stress in their lives and cigarettes may help them relieve it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is quite simply wrong. I was a smoker for 15 years and finally realised that the only reason cigarettes relieve stress is because they take away that nicotine induced desire for a cigarette. This nicotine imposed desire adds to stress, not reduces it. By having a cigarette you take the edge off it though, and thus feel you have relieved your stress. People who are not addicted to nicotine find that cigarettes do not relieve stress in any way. It took me a fifteen years to figure that out, but once I did I felt rather liberated and was finally able to give up.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what about people truly peer pressured into smoking or people that grew up around it and smoke because of that? They may now see it is "stupid" in a health sense but are addicted and have tried everything in attempts to quit. I have a hard time believing you are smarter than the next man because you don't smoke cigs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this though. People who have never been addicted don't understand just what a major hold it has over you. People will jump all sorts of mental hoops to justify it to themselves and even those who fully accept the health implications and that they are addicts still struggle greatly with stopping.

Slow Play Ray
12-11-2005, 01:22 PM
i just quit yesterday.

12-11-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Some people have an enormous amount of stress in their lives and cigarettes may help them relieve it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is quite simply wrong. I was a smoker for 15 years and finally realised that the only reason cigarettes relieve stress is because they take away that nicotine induced desire for a cigarette. This nicotine imposed desire adds to stress, not reduces it. By having a cigarette you take the edge off it though, and thus feel you have relieved your stress. People who are not addicted to nicotine find that cigarettes do not relieve stress in any way. It took me a fifteen years to figure that out, but once I did I felt rather liberated and was finally able to give up.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, what about people truly peer pressured into smoking or people that grew up around it and smoke because of that? They may now see it is "stupid" in a health sense but are addicted and have tried everything in attempts to quit. I have a hard time believing you are smarter than the next man because you don't smoke cigs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this though. People who have never been addicted don't understand just what a major hold it has over you. People will jump all sorts of mental hoops to justify it to themselves and even those who fully accept the health implications and that they are addicts still struggle greatly with stopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant the stress part more of as a stress-relieving mechanism. Whether or not it actually reduces stress is a different story.

Jeebus
12-11-2005, 02:44 PM
I got some of this it was ridiculus. When it came in I smoked a big hit alone. Everyone on Law and Order looked at me and started talking about me doing drugs. I was alone, it was odd. Then I started giving hits out. One guy turned retarded and drooled on himself and did the little hand thing that retarded people do. He thought he was retarded. Another guy went to prehistoric time and started crawling around on my floor. I have other stories of it but not as good. It always makes the tv come alive or the world explodes.

On a side note, Nitrous is the good version of that.

JonPKibble
12-11-2005, 02:47 PM
There are many ways to relieve stress. Some are good for your health, and some are bad for your health.

Of course, I'm guilty of both.

xorbie
12-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Anyone who averages more than one session of weed a day has serious issues IMO.

THATWACOKID
12-15-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you suggest i do? also, are my issues psychological?

12-15-2005, 02:31 AM
What about pole smokers?

xorbie
12-15-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

what do you suggest i do?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah so smoking less would be the obvious solution.

Big_Jim
12-15-2005, 03:36 AM
As for cigarettes:
I started smoking when I was 18 (5 years ago) and worked my way up to smoking a pack a day in about a year.

In that time, I quit twice. Once for 3 months, cold turkey. Once for 2 months, cold turkey.

Currently, I am in the middle of a bet with my roommate for $200 as to who can go without smoking the longest. (We took a break from this bet in Vegas about a month ago...)

Honestly, I haven't had too much trouble in quitting, except for when I'm really drunk, or when I just lost a lot of money on a wager where I was expected to win. However, with the two previous times I "quit," at some point I decided that I didn't care anymore, and immediately resumed my pack a day habit.

As for weed:
I started smoking weed in High School when I was like 16 (which actually led to the cigarette smoking). I have always had 1 or 2 friends that sold weed, several of which became roommates of mine in college. Making weed very abundant.

I kind of go through cycles where I'll by like a quarter ounce once a week and smoke a shitload every day for a while, and then I hardly ever smoke at all for a while.

During school, I try not to smoke too much, as it makes me retarded when doing HW.

I have never tried to stop smoking weed, and I don't feel like it's a problem.

12-15-2005, 03:55 AM
opium feels like a giant wawa pedal in your brain. kinda wild. i wouldnt try to, you know, do anything where you need to be coherent while you are high. tastes like incense.

kurosh
12-15-2005, 04:02 AM
too much... way too [censored] much. i am so sad. i am so sad. someone should end this. i am so sad.

12-15-2005, 04:03 AM
Being shown on one of the Encore channels right now, about halfway through.

mrkilla
12-15-2005, 09:25 AM
me too

12-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Please reference my Smoke free (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=exchange&Number=4148283&S earchpage=2&Main=4148283&Words=acme401&topic=&Sear ch=true#Post4148283) thread.

But on a side note, going on week three, smoke free!

2planka
12-15-2005, 10:49 AM
I smoke 3-4 cigars/week. My car smells bad.

JonPKibble
12-15-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheIrishThug
12-15-2005, 11:08 AM
despite what u think about avg once a day. it's def telling about what how much the op smokes is once/day is the smallest option.

xorbie
12-15-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be clear, I'm not talking one bowl a day. Unless you smoke some [censored] ass weed, one session should get you high for 4-6 hours and anymore than that is just wasting your life.

JonPKibble
12-15-2005, 02:38 PM
About the asterisk-

Sorry, couldn't resist.

DcifrThs
12-15-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no option in the cigarette poll for me...

i quit cold turkey august 15, 1999. before that i smoked for 3 years and averaged about 1.5pakcs/day maybe a little more.

Barron