PDA

View Full Version : Multi-monitoring: 3d sound solution?

12-11-2005, 07:19 AM
So, here's the situation: I'm playing 8 tables at party across two monitors, and keep hearing "ping" "ping" and don't know which monitor to look at. I just had this sweet idea that it would play much smoother if I knew which table to look at based on which direction the sound was coming from.

Has anyone heard of or seen a solution for 3D sound based on where windows are located on the desktop? (In example, I open up winamp, start the Magical Program, and as I drag winamp around the volume pans side to side.)

smoore
12-11-2005, 03:56 PM
That's a neat idea. I don't have a solution for the sound problem but MTH will put a nice bright border around the active table.

12-12-2005, 05:52 AM
Excellent. It helped me out in my most recent session, thanks!

For others reading this: MTH (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4031666&an=0&page=0)

mattw
12-12-2005, 05:57 PM
i agree the sounds are helpful in determining which screen needs attn. i play 4 tables at two sites. each site has a different action sound so i am able to look at the correct monitor.

if you make the task bar wider, it will show all eight tables; the one which is lit is the table to act upon.