PDA

View Full Version : Unsure hand. Need help tnx.

12-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Cryptologic 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)
I've just moved up to 0.25 0.50, and here's a hand i'm not sure how i played.

MP2 is unknown to me. The table is loose PF.

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

AT is a hand i play rarely. If one passive player limps to me to the button/late pos i usually raise.

Flop: (8.00 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (19.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB.

Nick C
12-11-2005, 07:04 AM
I don't see any big problems. Sometimes it's hard to know what to do or where you stand in these big family pots.

Something to consider is checkraising again on the turn, to face BB and UTG with two cold again.

However, your hand isn't a monster or anything. And up until the river, MP2 seems quite fond of whatever it is he's got.

The turn lead mainly makes certain that a bet's going in on the turn. It doesn't seem like MP2 should have a draw here, and if he doesn't, then I wouldn't expect him to let the turn check through. So I'd probably check-call or checkraise the turn, depending on how much strength I felt MP2's flop 3-bet represented.

Edit: Someone who's more familiar with the site and the limit might be able to help you out more than I can regarding how we should interpret MP2's flop 3-bet.