PDA

View Full Version : Moses (Custer) hand and How do I watch these hand histories?

12-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Moses sent me some hand histories too, but how do I watch them? The hand history replayer shows only 1 hole card (how do I fix this /images/graemlins/confused.gif), and I don't know how to import it into PokerTracker. I'm sorry if this is very noobish and everything.

To add *some* content, here's the only hand of the first hand history that I thought was unusual. The rest were all standard pushes.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

CO (t1625)
Hero (t930)
SB (t885)
BB (t518)
UTG (t1720)
UTG+1 (t860)
MP1 (t1080)
MP2 (t1092)
MP3 (t1290)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
6 folds, Hero folds...

psyduck
12-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Um this is very standard?

Options: limp, raise, fold

open-limping with 66 on the button this early is just retarded. you want callers before you so that you have a decent chance of getting paid off if you hit a set. and you run into the risk of one of the blinds raising PF and you risk having to call 1/8th of your stack off.

raising: also not smart. 66 is not a premium hand here (it's obviously a great pushing hand during late game). if you raise 3x or 2.5x or whatever, either BB and SB might call thinking you're on a steal. then you're left with having to play a very tough hand postflop because you're almost certainly going to be looking at overs. what happens when one of the blinds leads out on a T93 flop? what about a J53 flop? what about you getting checkraised? whatever happens, you're in a marginal spot with a marginal hand, and it's going to be tough to play postflop.

something else that could happen if you open 3x - one of the blinds comes over the top (more likely the shorty in the BB). are you going to call his re-raise? What about a push?

fold: easiest and most straightforward choice of all

Now, if there was a weak-tight only-focus-on-bubble 2+2er who's known for easily giving up his blinds early on in the SB/BB, THEN there's a great argument for taking a shot at the blinds /images/graemlins/smile.gif but if you're up against an average player who's loose early and tight on the bubble, then you're facing a tough spot.

FWIW, I think this is an easy fold

12-11-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks. But actually I just wanted to know what the easiest way is to view these hand histories. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And is raising weak/tight blinds and folding the rest standard then?

Custer
12-11-2005, 06:37 AM
I knowingly fold hands with +EV in the early stages of these in order to spend more time concentrating on the tournaments that are in the later stages. Please keep bringing these hands to mine and others' attention becuase there may be some where am I giving up more +EV than I'd like.

moses

Postiga
12-11-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

raising: also not smart. 66 is not a premium hand here (it's obviously a great pushing hand during late game). if you raise 3x or 2.5x or whatever, either BB and SB might call thinking you're on a steal. then you're left with having to play a very tough hand postflop because you're almost certainly going to be looking at overs. what happens when one of the blinds leads out on a T93 flop? what about a J53 flop? what about you getting checkraised? whatever happens, you're in a marginal spot with a marginal hand, and it's going to be tough to play postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since when did you need a premium hand to steal the blinds from the button? You can raise, then continuation-bet any flop, and give up if there is any resistance.

12-11-2005, 07:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I knowingly fold hands with +EV in the early stages of these in order to spend more time concentrating on the tournaments that are in the later stages. Please keep bringing these hands to mine and others' attention becuase there may be some where am I giving up more +EV than I'd like.

moses

[/ QUOTE ]

OK good to know custer. Maybe I should start folding a lot more too. When all tables are >7-handed you have time to play through a hand, but when you have several tables on the bubble or ITM, you don't have so much time to think about hands, and it's more important to know call ranges on the bubble, so it might be better to fold marginally +EV hands on the 7+ handed tables.

splashpot
12-11-2005, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Since when did you need a premium hand to steal the blinds from the button? You can raise, then continuation-bet any flop, and give up if there is any resistance.

[/ QUOTE ]
The blinds are virtually worthless. Risking more chips to win them is foolish.

12-11-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The blinds are virtually worthless. Risking more chips to win them is foolish.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you fold everything but, say, 99/TT+ and AQ+?

splashpot
12-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Something like that. FWIW, I like an hand like AJ or AQ a lot better than 66 here. Because with AJ or AQ, you'll flop top pair a lot. And when you do flop top pair, you can be somewhat confident that you have the best hand. With 66, you almost never have that confidence unless you flop a set.

splashpot
12-11-2005, 08:03 AM
Also, I know why the hand replayer only shows one hole card. It's a syntax error in the hand histories. The histories that are saved on your harddrive have the format:

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to splashpots [ 3s 3c ]

with an extra "space" before the 3s. If you delete that space, it will work correctly in the replayer. Of course deleting that space for every hand in the history is far too tedious, but I have yet to find a better way to view histories.

12-11-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course deleting that space for every hand in the history is far too tedious, but I have yet to find a better way to view histories.

[/ QUOTE ]Isn't it a text file? Open it up in a text editor and do a "replace all".

brimstone1
12-11-2005, 11:16 AM
As splashpot has already pointed out, if you use the HHs on your harddrive, the replayer will only show 1 hole card and not work properly.

Supposedly the next version, which seems more like vaporware with each passing day, will allow the viewing of HDD HHs.

Until then, kindly ask Moses (Custer) to start requesting tournament summaries and send those to you, which will work fine in the replayer.

12-11-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[W]ith AJ or AQ, you'll flop top pair a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]A lot? Must be less than 1/3 of the time since you hit a pair about 1/3 of the time and sometimes when you hit your Queen or Jack, there will be a higher non-Ace on the board.

[ QUOTE ]
And when you do flop top pair, you can be somewhat confident that you have the best hand. With 66, you almost never have that confidence unless you flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
No confidence, perhaps, but you'll be ahead about 2/3 of the time, right?

I realize you're out of position post-flop, but I've found that people fold to a continuation bet a lot. (Something I wasn't as aware of before I put that stat on my PokerAce display.)

lacky
12-11-2005, 11:39 AM
I haven't tried it, but this converter is worth a try

http://www.janeg.ca/Poker/hh/HRHHConvertor.html

splashpot
12-11-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[W]ith AJ or AQ, you'll flop top pair a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]A lot? Must be less than 1/3 of the time since you hit a pair about 1/3 of the time and sometimes when you hit your Queen or Jack, there will be a higher non-Ace on the board.

[ QUOTE ]
And when you do flop top pair, you can be somewhat confident that you have the best hand. With 66, you almost never have that confidence unless you flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
No confidence, perhaps, but you'll be ahead about 2/3 of the time, right?

I realize you're out of position post-flop, but I've found that people fold to a continuation bet a lot. (Something I wasn't as aware of before I put that stat on my PokerAce display.)

[/ QUOTE ]
You'll be ahead 2/3 of the time with AJ or AQ too. And you'll get people to fold to a continuation bet sometimes as well. But those times that you do flop top pair, you'll have some idea about your hand. Where as with 66, you almost always have no idea.