PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review: Sky High

Sooga
12-11-2005, 05:35 AM
I've gotta admit, when I saw the previews for this thing, it looked to be the lamest movie ever. But I loved it. It was very entertaining. As one IMDB reviewer put it, it's like Harry Potter meets 'The Incredibles', and as action hero movies go, I don't hesitate to put it up there with 'The Incredibles'. If any of you are looking for a movie to show your small children that won't completely bore you, then this movie is one of your best bets. Plus, how can you go wrong with a movie that has Officer Farva in it?

http://www.fireintheabyss.com/images/misc/farva.jpg

Blarg
12-11-2005, 06:01 AM
Is it a kid's movie, or ...?

Sooga
12-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Well I would say it's really similar to 'The Incredibles' in that respect. Was 'The Incredibles' considered a kid's movie? I honestly don't know, though while I think 'The Incredibles' was aimed more towards younger kids, 'Sky High' is aimed more towards adolescents. But in either case, if you're older, you'll enjoy them both.

astroglide
12-11-2005, 06:04 PM
the preview actually looked good, i couldn't imagine how they could make money with the movie though. too in-between and no big draw actor. i saw it at blockbuster last night but i easily couldn't rent it. will watch on cable though.

trying2learn
12-11-2005, 06:09 PM
i enjoyed it when i took my daughter to see it...but just in a, "saw one of my little girl's movies and it wasn't awful" sort of way.