PDA

View Full Version : 50 hands (I promise no bad beat stories)

slavic
07-16-2003, 01:10 AM
2/4 paradise loose table (5 seeing most hands raised or not)

1)I'm MP poster Ad Ac
UTG limps, folds to me, I raise, mp calls, sb, bb, utg all call
Flop: 5c9h8s
check to me I bet all call
Turn:Qd
check to me I bet all but BB call
River:Kd
checks to me, I bet, only UTG calls (shows KTo)

2)MP 9c2d 1 limper to me I fold.

3)EP Qd6s UTG raises, I fold

4)EP Tc9h utg folds, I fold

5)UTG 8c2c fold

6)BB 98s utg limps, ep limps, lp raises, button calls 2, I call, utg and ep call.
flop: Ks9c6c
I check, UTG checks, EP bets, lp raises, buton calls, I fold, utg folds

7)SB Kh2s Action is raised and reraised before it gets to me, I fold.

8)KhTs on the button 2 limpers to me, I call, SB raises, BB completes, all call.
Flop: 6h7c3h
Sb bets, all fold

9)CO 6c5d 2 limpers to me, I fold

10)LP 5s2d 1 limper to me, fold

11)MP 93c all fold to me, I fold

12)EP Jh8c folds to me, I fold

13)UTG 6s4d fold

14)BB QdTh 5 limpers, I check the option
Flop:6c4h3s
I check, utg checks, ep checks, mp bets, co calls, SB folds, I check raise, utg folds, ep calls 2 cold, mp and co call.
Turn:2c
I bet, ep folds, mp calls, co calls
River:6d
I bet, mp folds, A player not in the hand say "darn I folded trips", another says "so did I". CO calls shows 32h

15)SB Ac3h raised an reraised to me, I fold.

16)Button Kd3h 1 limper to me, I fold

17)CO 9h5c 2 limpers to me, I fold

18)LP Ks4d 4 limpers to me, I fold

19)MP 8h4d 2 limpers ahead, fold

20)MP 4s2d 2 limpers ahead, fold

21) EP As3s Utg limps, I limp, 5 more limpers follow.
Flop: 2cKdQh
Sb bets, a couple of calls, I fold

22)EP Ts6s utg folds, I fold

23)UTG Th7d I fold

24)BB KsKd UTG limps, ep limps, MP limps, I raise, all call.
Flop:Kc3cAc
I bet, utg folds, ep raises, mp folds, I reraise, ep calls
Turn:Jc
I check, ep checks
River:2c
I bet, ep calls showsATo no clubs for the split.

25)sb 8c4s raised an reraised to me, fold

26)button K6h 3 limpers to me, I fold

27)CO 6s3d 2 limpers to me, fold

28)LP AhQc UTG raises, folds to me I reraise, CO calls 3, UTG calls

Flop:6cAdTc

UTG bets, I raise, co calls 2, UTG calls

Turn: Qs
UTG checks, I bet, call, call
River:9d
utg checks, I bet, CO calls, utg folds CO had AJs

29)MP KcQs 1 limper to me, I limp, CO, SB, BB all limp
Flop: 9c2s6d
SB bets, bb folds, utg calls, I fold

30)MP Ks5h 1 limper to me, I fold

31)EP Tc9h UTG raises, I fold

32)EP 8h5s utg folds, I fold

33)UTG KcJd fold

34)BB Ts7d LP,CO,button all limp, I check the option
Flop: 7c4s5h
I check, lp checks, CO bets, button calls, I check raise, CO calls, button calls
Turn:Qs
I bet, CO calls, button folds
River: Th
I bet, CO folds

35)SB 82d 3 limpers to me I complete, bb checks
Flop: 5h4h9s
Mp bets, a couple calls, I fold

36)Button with JhTs it folds to me, I fold

37)CO Jh7d 1 limper to me I fold

38)LP A8s utg limps, I limp, button limps, BB checks
Flop: 7c8d6h
Utg checks, I bet, button calls, BB folds, UTG calls
Turn: Ac
Utg checks, I bet, button folds, UTG calls
River:8c
UTG checks, I bet,UTG folds

39)MP Qh4s 1 limper to me, I fold

40)EP AdQh I raise, only BB calls
Flop: TcJh8h
BB checks, I autobet, BB calls
Turn:9h
check, bet, call
River Th
BB bets, I raise, BB calls (shows KcKh) (is a little miffed by my hand)

41)BB Jd5s 3 limpers to me I check
Flop: 3c2c8h
LP bets all fold

42)SB 6h4s 1 limper to me I fold

43)button 9s4h raised to me, I fold

44)CO Ts8h 2 limpers to me, I fold

45)LP AhKd EP limps, I raise, button makes it 3, BB calls 3, ep folds, I call
Flop: Th7sQd
BB checks, I check, Button bets, all call
Turn:Jc
BB checks, I bet, button raises, BB calls, I make it 3, call, call
River:4c
BB checks, I bet, call, call BB had a set of 7's, button had a set of kings.

46)MP Th9d 1 caller to me I fold

47)MP Ts2c 2 limpers to me I fold.

48)EP AKc UTG raises, I reraise, LP calls 3, SB calls 2.5
Flop:7c9c2s
SB bets, UTG raises, I call, lp folds, SB calls
Turn:Js
Sb checks, UTG bets, I call, SB calls
River: Qc
Sb checks, UTG checks, I bet, sb folds, UTG calls (KK)

49)EP 9s2d utg folds, I fold

50)Tc2h I fold

lunchmeat
07-16-2003, 04:11 AM
I've commented on all the hands I would have played differently... I am, of course, an all-knowing expert. Follow my advice at your own risk!

Hand 14: If the game was as loose as you say it was the semibluff was probably wrong b/c it's unlikely you'll force out your opponents. Checking and folding wouldn't be a bad play, although checking and calling wouldn't be bad either b/c 1) of the pot size 2) if you catch a pair it'll probably be the best hand

Hand 21: I probably would have folded A3suited here, but I play fairly tight, and the loose, passive nature of your table probably makes this borderline call o.k.

Hand 24: What a tough beat. Good job of not going on tilt afterward.

Hand 26: I call here with the suited king. Counting the BB you'll have at least 4 buddies on the flop, probably 5 with the lb. Being on the button here you are in the best position, and, more importantly, you'll be getting great odds on the (almost) nut flush draw if 2 hearts flop. You may also win if a king comes.

Hand 28: If the UTG raiser is a loose raiser or the table was short (I get the feeling both were the case) you made the right play reraising. If the table was close to full & the UTG player has sensible raising standards I'd fold here. I like your post flop play.

Hand 29: With the pot this size I'd call with the overcards. With a rainbow flop you don't have to worry about hitting a pair & losing to a flush.

Hand 36: I'd raise here.

Hand 40: I would just click the bet button. An autobet out of the blue might make our opponent suspicious about the strength of your hand. However, if you vary when you autobet and when you click the button that might be a good way of messing with your opponents heads.

Hand 48: Fold on the flop. Even with AK, you know you're up against at least 1 legitimate hand when the action is bet and raised to your pre-flop raise.

So that's how I would have played those hands.

Aces McGee
07-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Hand 48: Fold on the flop. Even with AK, you know you're up against at least 1 legitimate hand when the action is bet and raised to your pre-flop raise.

He's got four cards to the nut flush and overcards to TPTK. I think he made the right play.

Aces McGee

Uston
07-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Hand 14. Trying this crap when you're out of position and have no backdoor draws against multiple loose players isn't a good idea.

I'd fold hand 28, raise hand 36, and usually fold the flop on hand 48. Based on these hands, you play well enough to beat Paradise 2/4.

lil'
07-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Uh-oh, that's 2 people who would fold the flop on hand 48. Am I missing something? Doesn't he have the nut flush draw with the pot laying him 7.5:1 odds on the flop? Even without the aces and kings as outs he still has 9 outs to the nut hand.

Uston
07-16-2003, 10:37 AM
No, I'm the one that missed something (the club draw).

slavic
07-16-2003, 10:55 AM
"Hand 26: I call here with the suited king. Counting the BB you'll have at least 4 buddies on the flop, probably 5 with the lb. Being on the button here you are in the best position, and, more importantly, you'll be getting great odds on the (almost) nut flush draw if 2 hearts flop. You may also win if a king comes.
"

"Hand 29: With the pot this size I'd call with the overcards. With a rainbow flop you don't have to worry about hitting a pair & losing to a flush."

"Hand 36: I'd raise here."

I think what your pointing out is that my play tightens up significantly after I win a pot. I'll have to go review a few more logs but I bet your right. I know why this would be the case in a B/M game (something about playing while stacking chips) but I wonder why on an online game.

"Hand 21: I probably would have folded A3suited here, but I play fairly tight, and the loose, passive nature of your table probably makes this borderline call o.k.
"

This is giving Dynasty's advice a shot. That hand got so many callers I wish I had been in the BB because I would have made it two.

slavic
07-16-2003, 11:07 AM
"Trying this crap when you're out of position and have no backdoor draws against multiple loose players isn't a good idea."

I should have this on a T-Shirt. Or maybe emblazened on the inside of my eyelids.

"I'd fold hand 28" UTG was raising suited connectors, suited aces, and any 2 face cards all night. I was hoping to isolate him. In a tighter game man AQo looks pretty poor to me with a raise in the pot.

"raise hand 36" - I agree, I can speculate why I didn't but it's not because it wasn't correct to do. I just didn't want to play that hand, it felt very wrong to me.

Lost Wages
07-16-2003, 12:03 PM
slavic,

Haven't read the other responses so I may duplicate/contradict them.

14) Too many limpers for this play plus you may not even have any outs to fall back on. Try it with fewer limpers any a hand like AQ where you outs are likely clean and you many even win unimproved.

28) Fold AQo to a UTG raise unless you have a specific read on this player.

35) Many on this forum advocate calling 1/2 with any 2 suited. I tend to throw away the truly terrible ones like 82s.

36)Raising is OK if you are comfortable with it.

40)Nice hand! And well played.

That's it.
Lost Wages

lunchmeat
07-16-2003, 02:49 PM
The other posters are right about hand 48. I didn't see the club draw... IMO you played the hand nicely.

lunchmeat
07-16-2003, 02:50 PM
The other posters are right about hand 48. I didn't see the club draw... IMO you played the hand nicely.

slavic
07-16-2003, 04:52 PM
It's funny but hand 48 is the hand that told me this session needed to end. I had a run of unbelievable cards and when I flopped a monster draw, I felt like I didn't want to pour more money into this hand, even though all things were right in the world. Once I start feeling timid I think it's time to quit.

It's a shame too because I'll never find that table again.