PDA

View Full Version : Getting aggro with middle pair on turn

pergesu
12-11-2005, 05:07 AM
In response to RobGW's post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4159085) I decided to RAMP UP THE AGGRESSION baby. That's right, I don't just
"let some bozo with any two cards just fire one bullet and take the pot from you" (curtains said that). No bluffing ME out. You wanna run a bluff? Prepare to get pwnt.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG (t1765)
MP (t4405)
Button (t605)
SB (t615)
Hero (t610)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t125) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Turn: (t125) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t50</font>, Hero pushes for 560

Okay all kidding aside..villain was aggressive postflop so far. When he checked the flop I decided I had the nuts. Any objections?

jeffraider
12-11-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any objections?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

1) He's got an assload of chips. He will never fold a better hand than yours.

2) If you're wrong, you're out. Why not make it 200? Then if he calls you can check river behind or reevaluate then, and possibly get away with some of your stack left. Also, this raise wins the pot on the turn as often as a push does. I think calling is maybe even better, as it keeps the pot smaller and you can call up to a pot-sized bet on the river and snap off his bluff.

3) Basically pushing sucks lol. pwnt

11t
12-11-2005, 12:27 PM
I like it especially versus somebody who raises with a-x 100% of the time.

I think you have to shove it in on the turn though protect your hand though from a turned big draw.

PS - I wmight lead the turn and call a push instead of looking to c/r a bet that is not gaurunteed behind you

11t
12-11-2005, 12:31 PM
1) Villain most likely does not have a better hand than ours and could possibly call with a weaker one or a 12 out draw of some sorts. I think that is an acceptable gamble.

2) Raising half your stack to "reevaluate" is ridiculous. I would rather bust with 600 chips than try to work my way back with 300. Also you are OOP and do not have the ability to check behind. Every river card is a scare card at this point. You most likely have the best hand versus somebody who is raising with a-x preflop so shove your chips in now to protect it.

Again if he is min-betting with a draw than every river card is a scare card. Get your chips in now.

3) I think pushing here is by far the best idea and waiting for the river is awful. You cannot play deep stacked poker which is what you are suggesting with 12xbb.