PDA

View Full Version : Good laydown or too weak?

MaqEvil
07-16-2003, 01:03 AM
Party 3/6, somewhat wild, somewhat loose but I haven't been here long.

I'm dealt T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif in LMP; one EP limp to me; I limp (raising will probably get me just the wrong # of opponents); CO limps; Button raises; BB and everyone else calls.

The flop comes 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 8 /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Checked to me; I bet; CO and EP call.

Turn is the J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

EP bets; I fold; CO calls

River is the K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

EP bets; CO hesitates and calls.

Joe Tall
07-16-2003, 08:34 AM
(raising will probably get me just the wrong # of opponents);

For what? Losing? I'd raise pocket TTs here after 1 limper everytime hoping to isolate him. I'd rather play him heads up than with many oponents.

Did the button (pre-flop raiser) fold on the flop? Strange action on the rest of the hand however, not sure how I would have played it, other than a raise preflop. Why EP bet out on the turn, I'm not sure. I guess you could raise the turn and still represent the K, as they may believe on the flop. Then when the Ks pair on the river, I'm sure your bet could have taken it down, if you don't have the best hand already.

Peace,

Nottom
07-16-2003, 09:15 AM
I'd raise preflop because being 2nd in from LMP certainly isn't giving you odds to spike a set. Raise and try and get heads up with EP.

After that, I'm not sure that I would have bet the flop. You didn't raise, there are 5 people in the pot, including a PFR and an overcard on the board. I'd probably check-fold here fairly often. On the turn when someone bets into you when a second overcard folds I think its definatly time to lay down.

lil'
07-16-2003, 09:15 AM
I'm dealt T T in LMP; one EP limp to me; I limp (raising will probably get me just the wrong # of opponents); <font color="black"> </font color>
This is an easy raise here, even more so when there is only one limper and you are in LMP. I think you will see an overcard to your tens over 50% of the time on the flop, so try to get it heads up or shorthanded if you can in this spot.

I would have played the rest of the hand as you did. Hope it was a good fold!

TBone
07-16-2003, 02:31 PM
I'm pretty sure I just read about this in HEPFAP last night, but concerning middle pairs such as 88 or 99 played from middle/late position.

The thought being, the exact situation you don't want to be in with these types of hands is 3-4 other players in the hand. Either get it isolated, (where the odds are decent you could wind up with the best hand, or can steal based on the fact that you raised and therefore represent a strong hand) or ensure there are enough players to get pot odds for your set. By not raising, you're setting yourself up exactly to be in the situation you don't want to be in.

T

MaqEvil
07-17-2003, 10:20 PM
OK, I guess I should have raised preflop, that might have made a big difference in this hand.

EP had 78o and CO had 66 and I smacked myself

mobes
07-17-2003, 10:24 PM
THats why you need to raise and take control of the hand.