PDA

View Full Version : thr truth continues to come out

06-04-2002, 10:40 PM
SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- An Air Force colonel has been suspended for writing a letter in which he called President Bush "a joke" and accused him of allowing the September 11 attacks to happen because "his presidency was going nowhere."

The letter from Lt. Col. Steve Butler was published May 26 in The (Monterey County) Herald.

"He did nothing to warn the American people because he needed this war on terrorism," Butler wrote. "His daddy had Saddam and he needed Osama. His presidency was going nowhere. ... This guy is a joke."

Butler, who called Bush's alleged silence "sleazy and contemptible," had been vice chancellor for student affairs at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey. He was suspended May 29 pending an investigation, Air Force spokeswoman Valerie Burkes said Tuesday.

06-04-2002, 11:19 PM
stopped posting about this political stuff because its now common knowledge. its everywhere. patriot act was a blatant power grab, etc.

hopefully no one believes any government bs anymore.

now bush is trying to backdoor implement the kyoto treaty, which is basically just a tax on americans' energy use which goes directly to china. politicians have really gotten worse. they used to just be whores, but whores to segments of american society. now theyre whores to global business. also congress giving away their foreign policy power to bush, aka fasttrack.

brad

06-05-2002, 01:17 PM
I agree with most of what you said but I do think the Colonel should be kicked out of the Air Force. Basically once you sign up I think its your duty to shut the F*&% up and do what your told.

06-05-2002, 10:36 PM
well, hes an officer. what i mean by that (here im illustrating by exaggeration) is that i would never hold enlisted men responsible for atrocities, death camps, etc., but all officers definitely would be.

as an aside, suppose some (future) dictatorial president comes right out (forgoing incrementalism) and suspends the constitution. describe the correct course of action for officers to take.

brad