PDA

View Full Version : AQ, pair on flop

Guthrie
12-11-2005, 04:34 AM
Late in the first orbit. The only player I had stats on was MP3, who was 24/7.

I had resolved to stop continuation betting into multiple opponents, especially loose ones, but since this table had been fairly passive, and I had picked up a couple of small pots without showing down, the flop was checked around, so I decided to bet.

Amazingly, three of them actually folded, and it's checked to me again, so I take another shot.

Obviously it worked out well, but I'm not sure I played it correctly. If I had raised with KQ and the flop was two aces instead of two kings, I'm not continuation betting, since with five opponents, at least one of them has to have a ragged ace.

But they kept dropping off, so I kept betting. Usually they keep calling and by the turn, and certainly the river, I start wishing I hadn't kept putting money in.

Comments?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds.

River: (9.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

bottomset
12-11-2005, 05:05 AM
check the flop

McGahee
12-11-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
check the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? My 'check after PFR' is around 10, which I don't think makes me an autobettor - but I bet this flop without thinking twice.

The river bet sucks.

tyler_cracker
12-11-2005, 05:34 AM
As played, check behind on the river. This is a classic case where better hands aren't folding (unless *maybe* he happens to have a 3) and worse hands aren't calling. Villain had to call you down all this way with *something*, and there are few draws out there, so i think he has a pair. Value-check your A-high.

But also you really should stop continuation betting into 6 loose opponents.

Shillx
12-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Ugh I would check all 3 postflop streets. That jack on the turn just makes it certain that you don't have the best hand anymore. Any king/9/pocket or now flopped gutshot wins. The flop and river are just straight forward checks.

bottomset
12-11-2005, 06:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Really? My 'check after PFR' is around 10, which I don't think makes me an autobettor - but I bet this flop without thinking twice

[/ QUOTE ]

start thinking twice /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

really what does a bet accomplish here?