PDA

View Full Version : Moses (Cuser) Hand#4 Q8o in BB 6xbb

ilya
12-11-2005, 03:35 AM
1, Why no push preflop? Hero pushed into the same SB's complete for 8.5xbb once before in this tournament, taking down the pot...is this reason enough to be wary & check in this spot?

2, does Hero really have enough maneuvering room with his stack to bluff-call that flop? or is the fact that he's short gonna force the SB to give him so much more credit that it will compensate for the fact that he's risking such a large % of his stack with the bluff-call?

2, Why so much on the turn? It seems like 200 might be enough.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

SB (t2313)
Hero (t975)
UTG (t2314)
MP (t2139)
Button (t2259)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t300) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 players)</font>
SB bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150.

Turn: (t600) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t300</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: t900

curtains
12-11-2005, 04:05 AM
I push here preflop almost 100% of the time.

bigt439
12-11-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I push here preflop almost 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Custer
12-11-2005, 06:35 AM
Unless I know the opponent likes to complete with lots of hands, I don't like to after the complete in 2 circumstances:

1) I've already done it to the same guy. Many of the players currently playing the 215s seem to like to turn A4, KT, etc. into "trapping" hands here. I believe they are thinkning, "Last time this guy pushed me off my hand, but I have a good hand this time. He's not getting away with it again."

2) When the SB is a random or a not-so-good player and has enough chips to still have a reasonable stack after calling and losing. Some players love trying to bust people (it seems to me), and if they can try to do without great risk to themselves they often take the opportunity.

Also, I've found that I win such a high % of pots when the SB completes to my BB I sometimes wonder if that auto-push (which I still do ALOT) isn't overrated. Many players simply check and fold to a small bet on the flop anyway and of the ones that bet weak hands, most do not fire the 2nd barrel, as in this hand. Has anyone else had success pushing less in these situations?

As to the bet size, I make in a general rule that when I bluff in a spot where the result makes a great difference in my tournament equity (and I don't bluff too often in these spots), I try to give myself the best chance to win possible. I want my opponent to believe that I am committing my whole stack, that there is NO way to re bluff me off my hand, that he will need to showdown a better hand to win the pot. I think making sure that the opponent looks at your bet in these terms makes a great difference in the success of the bluff.

moses

curtains
12-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Yes, the 2nd time Im more careful. However in any other circumstance, I would push here with Q8o. The chips are just way too valuable and they fold at such a high percentage.

btw I didn't read the part about how the hero pushed into the SB once before. It's hard to say what I'd do then...I've definitely checked in such spots and pushed as well.

12-11-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1) I've already done it to the same guy. Many of the players currently playing the 215s seem to like to turn A4, KT, etc. into "trapping" hands here. I believe they are thinkning, "Last time this guy pushed me off my hand, but I have a good hand this time. He's not getting away with it again."

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree. I am wary of pushing into the same guy as they might be looking to trap me.

bigt439
12-11-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely agree. I am wary of pushing into the same guy as they might be looking to trap me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless this guy is total junk there are very few hands he should be looking to trap with.