PDA

View Full Version : Intentially Cutting Connection to go All In

12-11-2005, 01:54 AM
I guess I am surprised this hasn't happened to me sooner, but on PokerStars I made a bluff bet on the Turn to someone I know had a weak hand. He knew he could only beat a bluff so instead of calling he cut his Internet connection, forcing himself to go All In, and taking the pot.

I called him on it, pointing out that the chances of his connection dropping during the 12 seconds he had to make a call (we were on a high speed table), and him reconnecting right after in time to play the next hand are slim to none.

His only reply was "I would have called anyways." He then quickly left the table after all the other players started getting on him.

Does thie crap happen often? I reported it to PS. Do they do anything about this type of play?

I wish they had No All-In Protection on their limit games...

SP

Allinlife
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
write to PS supports and if they find out that he's abusing this on regular basis, they'll take it away from him

Reef
12-11-2005, 03:13 AM
disconnectors come with the domain of online poker. Play on no disconnect protect tables if available. be sure to email support

primetime32
12-11-2005, 03:43 AM
I play a ton and rarely deal with it, but ironically someone pulled it against me tonight when i floped top 2 and moved all in on the turn and he had a flush and a straight draw and he disconnected. He quickly vanished from the table after the next hand and i reported him to PP. I got a surprisingly quick response (within an hour) telling me that he appears to have done this before, but has also had some other disconnect problems. They say he will be watched and if there are other complaints he will lose the privilege.

PS- on a completely seperate topic, has anyone ever played against uconn321?

Bosox
12-11-2005, 09:54 AM
Sometimes i wish the software had a "punch in the face" button to cure this.

12-11-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes i wish the software had a "punch in the face" button to cure this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, "Kick in tha nuts" would be better.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GrannyMae
12-11-2005, 12:57 PM
i was playing on stars recently and this dude tried to take the pot away from me on the turn. i knew he had squatola, but i did not want to face a suckout that would cost me more. i had invested as much as i wanted at that point..

i powered off my cpu and came back to a winner.

WOOOOOOO

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/ole.gif

p.s. the guy was a little bent when i got back, but stars won't do jackshit

GM

evil_twin
12-11-2005, 01:27 PM
The Pokerroom network doesn't allow all-in protection on any of its no-limit tables. I mostly play there because of this, I just find it really annoying when people disconnect at other sites. It doesn't even happen that often, maybe once every other day or so, but it's enough to keep me going back to PR.

JKratzer
12-11-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i powered off my cpu

[/ QUOTE ]

you are pathetic.

GrannyMae
12-11-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i powered off my cpu

[/ QUOTE ]

you are pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/bore.gif

Scotty O
12-11-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
disconnectors come with the domain of online poker. Play on no disconnect protect tables if available. be sure to email support

[/ QUOTE ]

jman220
12-11-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i powered off my cpu

[/ QUOTE ]

you are pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not that bright.

12-11-2005, 04:08 PM
It does pay to report the all-in abusers. I've done it in the past and received the usual "Yes it was suspicious, but... blah blah" However I persevered and finally, today - SUCCESS!

"Thank you for taking the time to report a potentially suspect usage of the
*disconnect protect* feature.

We have thoroughly investigated *xxxxxx* account history with a particular
focus on their previous usage of this feature.

We have found that the hand you reported to us was indeed suspicious and as the
investigation has revealed further suspicious disconnects in the past, we have
proceeded to block the protection feature for this player. In future, should
they disconnect their hand will be folded. The player concerned has been sent an
email explaining the reason for our actions.

If you need any further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your
account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

xxxxx
Investigations Team"

This was from Party Poker, by the way. Just write down the user name and the hand number whenever it happens and send an email after the session is over... it's well worth the 30 seconds it takes.

primetime32
12-11-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Pokerroom network doesn't allow all-in protection on any of its no-limit tables. I mostly play there because of this, I just find it really annoying when people disconnect at other sites. It doesn't even happen that often, maybe once every other day or so, but it's enough to keep me going back to PR.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, the pokerroom network sucks.

second, it doesnt not happen every other day. It has been about 100,000 hands between someone pulling that crap with me.

third, the pokerroom networks sucks

fourt, party poker and other sites have specific tables that don't allow disconnect protect.

fifth, the pokerroom netowrk sucks.

evil_twin
12-11-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't really agree that Pokerroom sucks. Certainly they're not awesome or anything like that and they have problems like all networks. Still not terrible though.

Perhaps I've just been unlucky, I found disconnections occuring far too often in all-in pots on Party. Surely the no-DP protect tables are avoided by the uber-fish?

jman220
12-11-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really agree that Pokerroom sucks. Certainly they're not awesome or anything like that and they have problems like all networks. Still not terrible though.

Perhaps I've just been unlucky, I found disconnections occuring far too often in all-in pots on Party. Surely the no-DP protect tables are avoided by the uber-fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

The "uber-fish" don't cheat, they're too dumb. DP abusers are most likely either marginal winners or marginal losers. They have a clue (its how they figured out how to exploit the cheat in the first place), but they're just not good enough to win without cheating.

primetime32
12-11-2005, 09:13 PM
I think the fish take the first table available. Personally i havent found a difference.

as for pokerroom, i have had so many problems with them and continue to do so while i finish clearing a bonus through eurobet. I obviously dont speak for everyone, but my experiences have been brutal.