PDA

View Full Version : Munich

TheBlueMonster
12-10-2005, 11:20 PM
There has been much hype leading up to the release of "Munich" (http://imdb.com/title/tt0408306/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9bXVuaW NofGZ0PTF8bXg9MjB8bG09NTAwfGNvPTF8aHRtbD0xfG5tPTE_ ;fc=1;ft=49;fm=1) , mostly good. I can't decide if I'm really excited for this or kinda wary. Obviously if anyone can tackle such a depressing/intense story, Spielberg is the guy to do it.
Anyone have thoughts on this? Is it gonna be good or just sensational revisionist filmmaking?

jba
12-10-2005, 11:32 PM
this movie needs to be made. spielberg is the guy to do it. IMHO this story is plenty captivating without need to revise anything.

Lloyd
12-10-2005, 11:37 PM
HBO did the first adaptation of the book Spielberg's adapts for "Munich" in a film called "Sword of Gideon" - back in the late 80s I believe. It obviously wasn't a blockbuster type film as back then an HBO film wasn't quite on par with studio releases. But it was certainly a good film with intensity and action. I can only imagine how it will be with Spielberg. I don't think it's going to be too depressing. My understanding is the focus is on the Mosad agents seeking out and neutralizing the PLO terrorists.

TheBlueMonster
12-10-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My understanding is the focus is on the Mosad agents seeking out and neutralizing the PLO terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's what I've read.