PDA

View Full Version : Loose raiser, easy line-up -- general thoughts

Diplomat
07-15-2003, 06:35 PM
20-40 HE, very good, featuring about 4 or 5 players that are pretty loose-passive pre-flop, and tight-passive post-flop. Any one of them would make a game.

The player in question though is a decent yet ridiculously aggressive pre-flop man who has been raising with everything under the sun and taking pot after pot off these weak players with junk. I am two seats to his left.

3 of the weak players limp to him. He raises. One fold. Your turn to act. The button is a somewhat tight player who respects your play. The blinds are loose but not stupid. What type of hands would you call with? What types of hands would three-bet with?

I'll post my thoughts and the hands I played in this situation in a bit.

Thanks in advance,

-Diplomat

Ulysses
07-15-2003, 07:08 PM
3 of the weak players limp to him. He raises. One fold.

What type of hands would you call with?
Suited connectors, suited Aces, maybe small pocket pairs.

What types of hands would three-bet with?
Medium/large pocket pairs, AQ, AK, maybe small pocket pairs, maybe two big cards.

I'd start from about there and adjust accordingly based on things like how often the limpers are calling the 3-bet, how often they're folding on the flop, what aggressive guy shows down, how aggressive guys and limpers adjust, etc.

Diplomat
07-15-2003, 07:44 PM
One example: Two limpers, he raise, both blinds and limpers call. Flop is Rag/Rag/3. Checked to the raiser who bets. Blinds fold, limpers call. Turn is a rag. Checked around. River is a rag. Checked around. Aggressive guy wins with T3s, flopping bottom pair. Kicker played against one limper.