PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Hold'em and the Potato Chip Factor...

06-04-2002, 09:07 AM
You just can't eat one, is what the advertisers tell us about potato chips. It's an easy concept to remember. If you eat one, you will eat them all. So don't have the first one and you won't have to verbally beat yourself up, after all the chips are gone. But, them chips they just cry out, try me, you can just eat one. Don't believe it, we are creatures of habit and you will be sucked into the great potato chip abyss, if you don't control your desire, to try just one.

The Potato Chip Factor in Texas Hold'em is basically the same concept. Everybody knows potato chips are bad for you but the Potato Chip Factory is still a thriving business in Texas Hold'em. The pitchman for the Factory Mr/Ms Dealer, sends out two free samples of potato chips every couple of minutes. There are suited potato chips, tiny connected potato chips, tiny tot twin potato chips, the list of combinations is almost endless. Then you have your more expensive potato chips called, HOT TROUBLED potato chips. They look like their fat free with a snappy taste, and a healthy choice but they can give you heart burn for days. So follow the advise of Doctor z and his associates, don't play with potato chips, don't eat them, even if it's been hours, days or even weeks since your last good meal. Be patient, you'll get a big slick steak, or a big double burger King, or maybe you'll find a couple of queens to share a meal with. Patience makes the meal so much better.

Now I know many of you think you can eat just one potato chip. Please stop deluding yourself, look at your track record. You try one potato chip and before you know it, your finding excuse why you should have another. Go to any Hold'em game any where in the world and you'll hear the potato chip munchers say. "they were suited potato chips, it's my favorite brand of potato chips, these potato chips came with a pot odds dip. Then there is the mother of all reasons, I can't eat big slick steak it makes me sick, and everyone else seems to like potato chips, so I joined in on the fun.

SPM,...didn't eat no potato chips, and I didn't come home with any chips either, big slick gave me heart burn, and the potato chip munchers were having a feast...

06-04-2002, 06:03 PM
I don't know why, but I have an overwhelming desire to go to the supermarket and buy a couple of bags of Bob's Salt & Vinnegar chips.

BTW, did you know that a 64o can make a straight, two flushes, two sets of quads, and god-knows-how-many full houses? Bet all.

06-04-2002, 07:22 PM
make your pot, then make your hand...gl

06-05-2002, 10:48 AM
why does this sound like one of the old Hosh Tips of the Day?

Pat

06-06-2002, 02:04 AM
What's a hosh tip?

SPM,...play long and prosper..