PDA

View Full Version : Book Review Needed: "Online Poker" , Doyle B.

Snarf
12-10-2005, 09:31 PM
My GF got this for me for Christmas.

So far I've read 3 paragraphs and its about the exact opposite of how I play....so it could be a good read for me....but...just wanted to check it out out there....

How good/bad is this book? Anyone read it?

caretaker1
12-10-2005, 09:36 PM
I've heard it's awful from multiple sources, but have yet to read it myself.

AceRat138
12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
I don't know how it could be the opposite of how you play...there is no content in this book what so ever. A friend gave me a signed copy of it a while back. If it didn't have Doyle's signiture in it, I would have thrown it away. Not worth reading.

DarthIgnurnt
12-10-2005, 10:26 PM
It's not Christmas yet.

Snarf
12-10-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not Christmas yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her family goes to Detroit in a week - we celebrated yesterday.

ilya
12-10-2005, 11:23 PM
There's not much content in it so if you have much experience at all it's probably not worth more than a skim.

Snarf
12-11-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's not much content in it so if you have much experience at all it's probably not worth more than a skim.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Should I skim it or return it for a more useful book? GF actually suggested it....

Also..do you follow his hand selection guide?

bluefeet
12-11-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I skim it or return it for a more useful book? GF actually suggested it....

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment on the book, but I'd suggest you tell her "love it, perfect!" - and maybe go pick HOHI/II yourself

12-11-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I skim it or return it for a more useful book? GF actually suggested it....

[/ QUOTE ]

No comment on the book, but I'd suggest you tell her "love it, perfect!" - and maybe go pick HOHI/II yourself

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a tell. You're married and over the age of 30.

Snarf
12-11-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats hilarious dude.

No seriously...I said those words....I did....

but she has encouraged me to get a different book if I don't like it. I was given a 'no offense' garuntee.

(Unlike many girls, I can actually trust this to be true when she says it!) lol

12-11-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats hilarious dude.

but she has encouraged me to get a different book if I don't like it. I was given a 'no offense' garuntee.

[/ QUOTE ] She has alread won.

Snarf
12-11-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats hilarious dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

Damn that was funny...

I'm whipped aren't I?

don't answer that.

I should return the book and tell her I don't care if she likes it or not! (Show of manly bravado)

12-11-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats hilarious dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

Damn that was funny...

I should return the book and tell her I don't care if she likes it or not! (Show of manly bravado)

[/ QUOTE ]
Dr_Wonderful has already won.

b33nz
12-11-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My GF got this for me for Christmas.

So far I've read 3 paragraphs and its about the exact opposite of how I play....so it could be a good read for me....but...just wanted to check it out out there....

How good/bad is this book? Anyone read it?

[/ QUOTE ]

DUMP HER. Tell her you find it offensive that she would give you such a crappy book FOR CHRISTMAS FOR CHRIST SAKES. Dump her and try to hook up with skipperbob.

12-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Actually this short instructional video walks you through exactly how to handle this.

http://www3.pokerroom.com/main/45/movieBreakfast.html

12-11-2005, 03:49 PM
That's awful

12-11-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with Blue, and I'm NOT married...mmm...but I am over 30...