PDA

View Full Version : What will Father Christmas do this year?

Stealthy
12-10-2005, 07:16 PM
My wife and I have set a precedent for our two young girls. 2 years ago (thanks to winning it online) our daughters came down on Christmas morning to find that "Santa" had left them a Barbie bouncy castle fully inflated in the living room! This was on top their normal presents of course. Couldn't move in the room for the 3 days it was up, or see the telly but they absolutely loved it and it was well worth while.

Last year on Christmas morning they awoke to find about 30 giant balloons in the living room, again courtesy of the man in the big red coat. The looks on their faces having seen what Santa had done just for them was fantastic.

This year with just 2 weeks left we are at a loss as what to do. We have since moved house and would not want to do anything that would damage the walls or ceiling; nor have either of us got any ability to make things so it will have to be something brought again.

Our eldest is already speculating as to what Santa will do this time so we cannot disappoint her or her sister.

So I throw it open to the forum for suggestions for a Christmas morning surprise. Sophie is 6 and Lucy is 4 and at the moment we can only think of a pretty feebal "sweet trail". So please help me make this Christmas extra special for two little girls!

gamblore99
12-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Way to be an awesome dad. I think it will be hard to top last 2 years and if you do, you will have to go for like another 5 years or so.
That being said, I think you may want to change the location, like do something with backyard. Maybe add a swimming pool or playset thing. Maybe build a small igloo if you have snow (or get someone to build it for you). You could also maybe take them somewhere instead. A fort or lifesize play house could be cool. They could have tea in there.

GuyOnTilt
12-10-2005, 08:46 PM
3 foot kiddie pool of packing peanuts.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
12-10-2005, 08:47 PM
Temporary backyard petting zoo.

GoT

[censored]
12-10-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good idea, you could also insert various treats and small things for them to find

GuyOnTilt
12-10-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good idea, you could also insert various treats and small things for them to find

[/ QUOTE ]
YES!!!

GoT

IggyWH
12-10-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This, is freakin gold. I wish I had kids so I could do this.

Wait, did I just say I wish I had kids? [censored], I'm turning fruity as we get close to Christmas.

IggyWH
12-10-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Bubbles/foam would kick more ass than packing peanuts.

GuyOnTilt
12-10-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Bubbles/foam would kick more ass than packing peanuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
I almost suggested something very similar (bikini foam party), but those wouldn't provide nearly as much entertainment in terms of time.

GoT

IggyWH
12-10-2005, 08:55 PM
They sell/rent machines that will fill a kiddie pool in a minute or two. What kid do you know that doesn't LOVE bubbles?

Get those flavor bubbles and it makes it even better.

GuyOnTilt
12-10-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What kid do you know that doesn't LOVE bubbles?

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, do I count as a 21 year old male? 'Cause if so, none.

GoT

IggyWH
12-10-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What kid do you know that doesn't LOVE bubbles?

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, do I count as a 21 year old male? 'Cause if so, none.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

"Sophie is 6 and Lucy is 4"

I think at 21, you're past the bubble fasination.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm 22 and I like bubbles.

tonypaladino
12-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Get someone to dress up like Santa, and don't put any presents out. when the kids see there are no presents have santa come out of the other room with a sack of all the presents and junk.

tolbiny
12-10-2005, 10:25 PM
Give them each a dose of LSD in their breakfast, Best christmass ever.

astroglide
12-11-2005, 05:41 PM
peanuts are a decent idea, but man that would be a mess and fragments of them could be easily inhaled

Stealthy
12-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I have to say that both me and my wife love the idea of packing peanuts in a small kiddie pool with lots of goodies to find. That is what we will be doing as both are old enough not to put them in their mouth.

Many thanks for the great suggestion.